Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2002 02:54
Ok, I bought DBPro, cashed out £70 for it and got it a week ago, everything was working fine. But after I compiled it a few times it asked for the CD to validate the compiler, the only thing is it don't bloody work! I put the cd in, it checks it and it says it can't find the CD!!! I have to mess about with the damn thing for 2 hours to finally get it work but later it did it again! It's useless and a major pain! I haven't got anything like VB installed so why the hell does it crash!

I request that the DB team should remove the cd check, we all paid at least £50 and over and we shouldn't have to muck about with the CD checks and stuff. Its OK if half the commands don't work since it's still in development but at least make it useable and less annoying!

Cheers
Dreamora
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2002 03:03
Yeah ... I have sometimes problems like this too and normally don't have the CD on me when I'm out at University so this loosy copy prevention get on my nerves but won't prevent me from burning it, if i ever would too!

i like DB and i don't see the point in copying it. i want others to support DBS too, so that DB Pro will become better through plug-ins and more and more popular

sorrymonkey
Years of Service
User Offline
The ONLY people this kind of copy protection inconveniences is paying customers! It's certainly not going to deter software pirates.

Tapewormz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2002 02:49
Not everyone has a burner that can read/write FastTrack CD protection. So, I think this method of disc protection is quite effective. It's far more effective than using wrapped exe's which will constantly need to be re-hacked as patches for the original exe are released. Serial numbers don't work, as it only takes a single leaked number to slow sales.

If you have an old panasonic reader or writer then this may be your problem. They don't seem to like to read overburned cd's and so on. Also, you could try a lense cleaner. There maybe pet hair or dust in the drive. Don't laugh, it happens and it causes lots of read errors, that cause your drive to click away trying to read sectors.

Fireburst
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2002 03:47
If you point your shortcut to the editor.exe (in the editor folder) file instead of the Launch.exe file it will overcome this problem.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But in practice, there is.
Pickles
Years of Service
User Offline
No it doesn't stop the CD check. I shortcut to the editor and I am still asked for the CD. Nothing but a bother.

fsman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2002 15:20
The shortcut to the editor works for me, but I would
like to make a backup CD. I tried and couldn't.
fsman
The One Ring
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2002 16:11
I too tried the shortcut to the editor, and it did not work. ... just need to remember to keep the CD handy...

Chenak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2002 16:38
Didn't work on mine either, guess we're gonna have to wait for the second patch whenever thats coming out
Khumba
Years of Service
User Offline
After patch 1 I stopped getting the CD check at startup, but occasionally I'll get the CD check when compiling. I just restart DBP and it works fine.
Khumba
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh wait, never mind...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 10:34:37
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 10:34:37