Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Tank Wars!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2004 04:05 Edited at: 18th Jul 2004 04:39
I have completed my 4th game "Tank Wars!".

"Tank Wars!" is an Artillery/Action game designed for either 1 or 2 players. It is a very fast paced game and it features a meter system to adjust how far your tank will shoot.

While playing this game you will find that there is much more than just sitting still firing away. To domminate in this game you must move your tank forwards and backwards dodging the other tanks bullets, while also moveing your meters up and down to get the perfect shot on your opponent. Then once you think you have the shot you must hit the fire key to launch a lethal projectile toward your target.

I would like some feedback either here on the forums or you can email with suggestions and comments.

Visit my Website

http://www.angelfire.com/games5/db_games

Or The Code base to download my game.

Plastico
Years of Service
User Offline
downloading **

looks great, congrats!
Plastico
Years of Service
User Offline
I got a runtime error trying to "run" it.

Skeletor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2004 08:39 Edited at: 16th Jul 2004 09:25
Okay I have "fixed" everything (hopefully) in the codebase.
The problem was that for some odd reason when I pasted my code in the codebase all of my load image "media\tank1.bmp",1 and so on were showing up as "mediatank1.bmp",1. I dont know why the code base was not showing the \ in between.

But other than that it should be fixed and up to date!

C l a r k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2004 12:43 Edited at: 19th Jul 2004 02:13
EDIT: Hahaha, after I posted this, I went back to edit it and it took out all my backslashes. Irony?

strip_slashes():

Its a php command used in input. A code is used to put a \ [backslash] before the " [quotation] in posts, cause they're stored in a variable before being inserted into the database.

will screw up the variable. if theres a \ [backslash] in there, it tells php to ignore the quote following it. A code is added that transforms that into:

And all is good. its stored like that.

When its retreived from the database, they use strip_slashes().

strip_slashes($data);

that takes out the \ [backslashes] that where added in to keep it from screwing it up, and it most likely took out your / [slashes] in the code in the process.

EDITED: 7/18/04, to fix some grammar, spelling, and explaination...pretty much to make me sound more literate and knowledgeable.

Concept Software
STMCBA Battle Engine: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=35407&b=8
Team positions open!
Skeletor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2004 15:43
It was the \'s and I already fixed the code so it will work now.

Thanks for explaining though , I Bet a lot of people could benefit from reading this post before entering their code into the codebase

C l a r k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2004 02:04 Edited at: 19th Jul 2004 02:07
No problem...recently, its seems as if I've been helping people with PHP more so than I am with DB

Concept Software
STMCBA Battle Engine: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=35407&b=8
Team positions open!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 15:57:05
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 15:57:05