Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / [b]CAN I USE DARK MATTER [/b]

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2002 13:39
Can i use dark matter with dbpro...........is that ok or not

thanks for any help in advance
ss3.bmp[/img]
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2002 15:12
Yes the models from DarkMatter can be used in DBPro. Personally I never found many of them that useful from the lack of a varied selection and addecute ammounts of animations for them (No jumping, pushing, multidirectional shooting, fighting moves etc.) but if you want to you can

Almost obviously the DB1 enhancement upgrade included with Darkmatter is not compatible with DBPro, but you don't need it. All the features are included and improved on in DBPro

* If the apocalypse comes, email me *
vivi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2002 16:15
Could you send me a model for an example.......ill promise to delete it as sonn as i have seen it.......just to see

WHY WAIT FOR GAMES.......MAKE THEM COME TO YOU
>>>>>>>>>>>www.shark-software.20m.com<<<<<<<<<<<
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2002 13:18
There are screen shots of ALL the models at www.darkbasic.com

There aren't very many of them - The vehicles only include the wheels turning as an animation, and the people only include walking, shooting in 1 direction, idle and dieing.

The site makes it sound like there are more models than there really are because it includes Hi and low poly versions of the same models, and even some exact copies but in multiple colours. Cheap shot if you ask me

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2002 21:44
Yes... if you bought it for the models. I got it for the enhancement pack - I love DLL's
The Darthster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2002 00:17
I won it in a competition, and it's well worth having. I think it has a good enough range of models, although there are times when it doesn't have what I need. I can't model to save my life, except for very basic design starships, and I definitely can't do texture art, so it's useful to have some textured models there with a useable limb structure. I tend to ignore the animations already there and use my own with the models.
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2002 00:46
Yes if you re-animate them I guess they are more useful - but there are massive gaps in the selection to make ANY game really possible, unless u only have 2 or 3 types of bad guy. There are also not cartoony or platform style characters, No fighting game type characters, only 20th century weapons etc. The ones that are there are quite nicely modeled and textured tho

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 06:45:41
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 06:45:41