Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2002 06:46
I have my 3D model displayed and crontrolled via the keyboard (for the time being). I load a bitmap to display as the background. When I move/rotate the model, the background gets destroyed by the parts of the mesh that pass over it.

Any suggestions on how to avoid destroying the background my model is "flying" over?

Thanks
"Even though it doesn't work, how does it feel?" - One of the Top 20 things programmers say when their programs don't work.
Washington Irving
Years of Service
User Offline
BACKDROP OFF turns the backdrop off. I think you have this set already.

DRAW TO BACK insures 2d is drawn behind 3d.

With these two set, you must paste your background image before each sync (or include it in your main loop). 3D does not restore its own background (Thats what the BACKDROP is for), without it you must manualy maintain your background.

Misery
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2002 17:50
Thanks. I was trying to use my image as a texture for the 3D backdrop but just couldn't get it to work. The syntax examples in the help are not that clear on the backdrop command. I will try your way instead. I will have to read up on the load and paste image commands now

"Even though it doesn't work, how does it feel?" - One of the Top 20 things programmers say when their programs don't work.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 17:59:14
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 17:59:14