Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Patch 3 messed some things up.. is it just my system?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2002 03:55
Hi!

I finally got DBPro in the mail yesterday. I tried out all the examples and tweaked some lines, to help myself get back into it and to see just what DBPro can do. This morning I installed Patch 3. Now more than 90 percent of the showcase examples don't work properly anymore. Specifically...

1) Lights: Some are missing completely and some light only objects on one face, unlike before.

2) Textures: Some are missing completely and some are stretched, full of lines, or blurry.

Has anyone else had these problems? Has anyone tried the showcase examples since installing Patch 3? If no one else has these problems, I'll look for something in my system. But everything worked beatifully before the patch, and it's the only thing I've installed or changed in my system in the last 24 hours.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Unseen Ghost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2002 04:54
Hi,

I see you say that you have patck 3 installed. If you don't have patch 3.1 installed, try that. Hopefully it will work for you. If you have 3.1 installed already, I don't know what to say.

UnseenGhost

Orgull
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2002 05:15
Hi UnseenGhost!

Patch 3 seems to be the same (???) as patch 3.1, at least when I go to download the files, they're exactly the same thing.

I upgraded my display drivers to 40.72 (Geforce 4 MX 420) and still no luck.

To be specific. In the 3D example with ten different texture types, after using reflection shading, none of the other shading types work at all. The asteroid stays brown. In the 7 Pixie Lights example the lights illuminate the opposite side of the statue, not the side they're facing. In the room demo the room used to look great before the patch but now the lights are all funny. Some textures are completely black and some are white.

Uh, forgive me for beind a dough-head, but if someone could tell me how to take screenshots I could e-mail them to the team to illustrate the problems.

Thanks again.
Orgull
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2002 20:43
I ran a system restore (XP) because DBPro wouldn't uninstall. I got errors up the wazoo. I re-installed DBPro without patching it and everything is back to normal. Lights work, textures work, it all looks good now.

I sent an e-mail to support explaining this, I hope with patch 4 they will have removed this problem, otherwise I might just stick with the limitations of the initial release. It's no good if the patches do more damage than they fix.
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2002 21:38
DBPro does uninstall, just not from the control panel. Just run the 'setup.exe' from the CD. There's an option to modify, repair or remove.
Orgull
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2002 04:04
Thanks IanM, I did try that though. It wouldn't work. Dunno why.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 02:36:46
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 02:36:46