Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I made a completely enclosed room in CShop and compiled it with the BSP-PVS compiler. When I tried to load it into the BSP demo that's included in darkbasicpro, I got a white screen. I know something was happening since I could see a dark blue line every now and again appear on the screen.

Does this compiler work with DBPro yet? Or am I just waisting my time?

Thanks,

Ben
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2002 04:10
From what I've seen, your "waisting" your time. The poor-excuse-for-a-bsp-compiler (apology to DBS) couldn't even compile a simple cube room.

PS- It's "Waste" not "Waist"

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Kousen Dev Progress >> Currently Working On Editors
BHoltzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Waiste? Damn must be a Freudian slip. I'm too fat. I know I need to loose weight. So, I'm letting the world know just what's on my mind by using the wrong word.

Thanks for the input rapscalLion,
Ben

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2002 12:41
Yeah. I can't wait for BSP to work, it'll save a loada time. But Unf it REALLY doesn't work at the moment

* If the apocalypse comes, email me *
pathfinder
Years of Service
User Offline
works for me on the most part, only prob I had was when I made really big maps it was removing poylgons I could see(think it was hiding polys the player couldnt see and got it a bit wrong). Had no problems with the map making though .x to bsp. I made a map with somthing like 50 steps a landing and 1 main room.

Kensupen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2002 18:48
If the BSP is all white, that means you don't have the textures you applied to it in CShop in the same directory as the BSP you loaded in DBPro. Make sure you have all the textures in the same directory as the BSP and DO NOT rename them.

I have made small levels in CShop, and they have loaded fine.

-Kensupen
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2002 21:46
Hmm if thats the case I may have to purchase cartography shop, I've been using other bsp editors

That said I've nearly finished quite a nice DB level editor

* If the apocalypse comes, email me *
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2002 22:30
There is someone working on a BSP importer that can be run within both Pro and Enhanced ... personally can't wait until it is finished

so much underground work that people seem not to want to reveal - seem's weird, but probably cause if you guys knew you'd bug 'em until they just felt it wasn't worth the work.

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
BHoltzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Kensupen: I did have the textures in the same directory as the map. I didn't rename the texture. It was named by cshop. So I'm still not sure what's happening. I'll try creating another map and see if it works.

Thanks,

Ben

Kensupen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2002 10:09
I meant you have to have the textures from the CShop\textures directory that you used in CShop to texture the level, not the lightmap texture.

-Kensupen
BHoltzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Ahh. That's a different way of doing things. I'll try that. Thanks for the input!

Happy Holidays,

Ben

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 01:17:23
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 01:17:23