Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Praise For DBPro - What does work, works quite well.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2002 20:40
Hi!

There have been many complaints about DBPro won't do this or that, about bugs and other concerns, I've even made a few negative comments myself. But after running a system restore (to kill patch 3) and doing a clean re-install of DBPro I have to give the devs some praise. The things that work, work well.

Sphere Mapping and Bump Mapping work very nicely and look great (so far). I am getting frame rates close to 200fps with some of my old DB stuff that used to run around 30-40. And the ability to link your own .DLL's is probably the single most important tool in terms of making DBPro "professional".

So Good Job guys. Keep up the good work. I look forward to seeing what comes in the future.
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2002 21:44
I agree, well said. And all the bugs should get ironed out in time, and if you are a "Proffessional" then you don't expect to make your project in a short period of time.

* If the apocalypse comes, email me *
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2002 21:47
For a larger example of a Third party command DLL, check out the Program Announcements. I've just released a utility DLL with full source for Visual C++ 6/7.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 22:37:00
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 22:37:00