Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2002 13:35
Hi everybody! I'm completely new to programming and I bought dbpro bcos it's supposed to be ideal for beginners. Now I looked through the commands and I have real problems understanding what some of them actually are, especially in the 3dmaths section, for example "catmullrom", "w-value", etc,etc, and what all the different mappings are.
I would really appreciate it if you could write a glossary or something like that explaining all the terms used in dbpro, so that even newbs like I can understand the language fully.
WarWolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2002 21:40
I can agree with you that the 3D-math commands are not the easist to understand, especially if your no good at trigonometry and vector-arithmetics and stuff like that.

Nope, the manual doesn't say very much, but please send me a list of the commands you're having problems understanding, and I'll try to help you out!

I didn't steal it!
JamesBlond
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2002 15:02
Ok, this reply comes a bit late, school kept me busy.
Now I'm playing around with the idea of making a 3d breakout game, so I guess some 3d maths would be quite usefull. The problem is that the examples don't work for me bcos my gfx card doesn't support vertex shading.
Questions:
1. x,y,z are the axes, but what is w?
2. What is a catmull rom interpolation, hermite spline interpolation, linear interpolation?
3. Anything else I should know?
Sorry to annoy you, but I guess this is a vital part to programming propper stuff (correct me if I'm wrong).

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 03:49:29
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 03:49:29