Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2002 19:06
Hello,

I'm trying to assign an icon to my program exe, but each time the colors come out funny. Does anyone have any idea how to get around this problem?

thanks

-Shopro
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2002 21:55
I had this problem, I think the colours have to be of a standard full pallette. Just copy your image to PSP or Photoshop, change the pallette/number of colours, copy the image them paste it back in2 whatever program you use to make ico files

* If the apocalypse comes, email me *
Shopro
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2002 23:15
Thanks for the advice
...but, I still can't get it right. I've got PSP so I loaded my image into it, but I don't understand what you mean by "change the number of colors".

I have uploaded the image I want to use. Could you please give it a try?
http://warehouse26.tripod.com/phalanx.bmp
(Copy and paste the link, or the Tripod logo will load instead)

Thank you for your time

-Shopro

Attreid
Years of Service
User Offline
I used the programm IcoChanger a few time when I had DB V1, and it worked well.
I never tried to change the icone of a DB Pro programm, but I think that IcoChanger can work well.
I'm sorry but I don't remimber where I found this programm.

Yes, I know, I don't speak well English, but if you are English, American or Germann, try to speak as well french as I speak English
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2002 00:33
Sorry my Icons program expired, you can download a 30 day trial of ArtIcons Pro from www.aha-soft.com - this, along with Psp (click colours, then increase or decrease colour depth) helped me to create Icons that worked

Shopro
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2002 09:12
Thanks for the replies

Attreid:
I tried the program, but it tells my I'm only allowed to use 32x32 16 colored icons. So I gave it just that then it tells me that there was an error in making the new .exe. Have you had this problem?

Kangaroo2:
That's ok. I've done that(increasing and decreasing the color depth) but it still won't work, heh

Do you think this is a DBP bug, and should be reported?

again, thanks for your time

-Shopro

Kensupen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2002 10:06
I use a freeware program called GoldIcon. It's small and can make 32x32 16 color icons which is good enough. I also got it to compile into my Jetpack demo with no problems. Just search for it on google.

-Kensupen
Shopro
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2002 12:24
I've got around the problem

The problem seems to be my icon not using any transparent color. I tried redrawing the cursor without using one specific color, and it came out right

kensupen: good prog!

Attreid, Kangaroo2 and Kensupen, thanks for helping me out

-Shopro

n3t3r453r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2002 13:44
And I think that MicroAngelo aka mike555 is best! It lets you to make even animated cursors as Stronghold.
Hockey07
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2002 15:47
Um, HOW MANY OF YOU ARE USING WINDOWS XP?. If you are uding Windows XP, and you want to change the icon of a Shortcut image or someithng, just go to the icon you want to change, right click on it, and then go to Propertie. Then go to the SHORTCUT tab and at the bottom it says you can click there to change your icon.... I dont think that will help you much, but oh well.

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2002 17:43
I use XP You've been able to do this in some other verrsions of windows too, trouble is once you change the program to some1else's computer it gets the old icon back

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 02:45:45
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 02:45:45