Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / trueSpace 6.5

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2002 11:39
HEY HEY BABY!!
trueSpace 6.5 is gonna be released within the next 2 weeks... why would anyone care thou?

well lets see...
Architecture,
Character modeling,
NURBS,
Polygon Modeling,
Organic Modeling,
KFE Animation,
and Shaders

Have all been enhanced speed wise AND ease of use
Additional Face Feature Animation support added within the Scene Manager allowing you to drag'n'drop animations easier than ever.
The brand new POSER tools... oh yeah, poser is now fully intergrated into Caligari's beauty!

And the best part?
Its FREE to all those who already own 6.x along with proTeam and any 1 Pak of your choosing
(aniPak, dePak, fxPak and rayPak)

Sorry but i've seen the enhancements... so anyone who already has trueSpace6 is just gonna LOVE the new addons because now you have almost as much power as Maya under your fingertips at a mear 1/5 of the cost
Anata aru kowagaru no watashi! http://members.lycos.co.uk/timesaga/darkbasic/rvtoken2.jpg[/img]
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2002 18:20
Sounds good. I've been considering Truespace - its certainly a nice price, and Poser is cool

* If the apocalypse comes, email me *
The Wendigo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2002 23:46
SWEET! Alas, I only have TS 4.3, but that alone has given me the ability to make many awesome meshes with NURBS, Bones, and many other great and easy to use tools. TS rocks!!!!!!!! (and I only got mine for $100 ). I love national holliday specials! Raven, is it possable for me to upgrade to 6 withought spending on the whole price of 6's standalone package?

1.00 GHZ processor, 256 MB RAM, GeForce 3 64MB, SB Live!, 8 cans of soda per day
Disco Stu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2002 02:01
My mouth waters mmmmmmmmmmm0_o. I'm using Ts5 and that's still pretty darn awesome. Gotta love Caligari, they definately deliver the best within their price-range. Hey Wendigo, do you know where I could get a hold of some good NURBS tutorials (preferably for TS)? It seems to me that its way easier to make a detailed head using NURBS rather then polygons (box modeling or even just laying down vertices), but I got no idea where to start. Can anyone help?
Thanks for the update vegeta.
Sina.

"Maybe if you ain't so good, I ain't so bad."--Tony Manero to Stephanie (Karen Lynn Gorney)
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2002 16:16
Well you can update TO tS6 from 4.3 ... but i think it'd actually be cheaper to download the demo and wait for thier monthly email about the special offers - cause i think right now if you download the demo your entitled to buy for just $299, might even be less - i've seen 5 recently really being pushed for alot less.

if you ever need help with trueSpace, the official forums are the place to ask because you'll get a response from alot of pro users out there as well as the team themselves oftenly with more advanced questions.
Tutorials for it are oftenly a little tricky to comeby because it has never been a front seat tool - always more for the bedroom artist ... it has a selection of tools for selecting and affecting areas with nurbs modelling which is very similar to Soft and Evelope selection within Max and Area selection in Maya.
Allows you to kinda nudge as if your using your fingers things into place based on distance, pressure, movement

will have to see about some basics sometime, cause the manuals are a little hazy - however the demos if you run them explain alot

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
Disco Stu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2002 10:10
Ok cool thanks for the tip.
Sina.

"Maybe if you ain't so good, I ain't so bad."--Tony Manero to Stephanie (Karen Lynn Gorney)
Matto
Years of Service
User Offline
RV, I am pretty bad with regards to modelling, texturing etc.. but I know you know whats what, and if you would be so kind would mind helping here please?

I have been pondering on buying TS 6.5 with that package you mentioned, but as you say there is a choice there to which pack you get free, not wanting to buy more than the first bundle what does each extra feature mentioned add, both in tools/extra items and value?

I currently use animator for modeling but need to get a program to cover these things:-

1) Something to make models and export in DB/DBP various accepted file types.. ok thats TS then, the main program..

2) To animate created models and allow export in DB/DBP accepted formats??.

3) To make quality textures in some kind of texture maker like I-tex(texture maker) allowing me to make textures from scratch or develope from actual pictures, does TS 6.5 allow you to do this?

4) To add textures to the models

these seem to be the bare essentials I need, I will never be good at doing these things but need to be able to do them or want to at least.. would TS 6.5 cover all these needs? if not what would you suggest to cover all these areas in one(if poss)?

Thanks for any help.

1ghz Cel,512 sdram 133,Gf2 MX 400 64,SBL 5.1,Win98
Best Upcoming MMOG - http://WWW.Atriarch.com
Project: Card Game with No Name
Hilmi2k
Years of Service
User Offline
I ordered true space 6.5 because it was the only affordable package I could find with a meaty feature set and ability to lay out things acuratly. 3D canvas was a waste of my money, horrible for alligning parts and doing layout of the different elements of an object.

Ordered since the 3rd of jan, I hope it arrives before the next release is out.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 14:11:48
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 14:11:48