Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

The 20 Line Challenge / Frosty the Snowman

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2004 08:42 Edited at: 10th Aug 2004 13:21

OK- I know it's been done before, - but hey, it's pretty.

*edit* now speeded up, and includes point and click zoom.
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2004 09:39 Edited at: 9th Aug 2004 09:45
Your version is so slow because you are syncing between every dot. Move sync down couple of lines so it only updates screen once per line. Instant speed up! Or even better remove all the syncs and stick two syncs just before wait key command.

Another thing that supposedly slows things down is the ink command and the dot command but theres not really a lot you can do about that without playing with memblocks and complicated stuff.

[EDIT] Changing from dot to box increased speed dramatically:

Presumably you have seen my fractal generator. It's a bit old now and could probably be speeded up quite easily with what I now know but quite frankly I can't be bothered!

Boo!
Ric
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2004 12:19
Top bloke, Spooky. Only speeded it up by about a million percent!! (Original code now edited). Yes, I looked at your version today after I'd just finished coding mine, and that's when I realised the difference in speed.

I may add a zoom function at some point like yours - although given the problem with double floats I may not get very far.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 10:37:48
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 10:37:48