Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Virtual Insanity Gone GOLD!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2002 15:41
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to let you all know I'm finally releasing Virtual Insanity. I've added a link to the website and a few screenshots in this post for you check out.

The game is a mixture of puzzle and arcade and features fully animated backdrops, a complete game shell with High scores and level select, 80 complete levels of varying difficulty (of which you play 20 randomly everytime you play the game) and some thumping sound fx.

It all runs at a steady 60 on anything above a 450 with a gforce 2 or better. The game also checks for lower spec machines and scales the art accordingly to maintain framerates.

The last game I made in DarkBasic was 3D solitaire, and it's been a while since I've posted on these forums, but check it out and let me know what you think. The full demo will be up within 24hrs. Just in time for Christmas

[url]www.FarFromEarthCorp.com[/url]

AsylumHunter
still falling out of my binary tree most evenings (hicup!)
MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2002 15:46
Nice

Good news everyone! I really am THAT good...
Oh my, yes...
DEANO
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2002 19:07
VERY NICE!

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics!"
--Homer Simpson, in response to Lisa's perpetual motion generator
AsylumHunter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2002 11:03
Virtual Insanity is now available for download at
http://www.FarFromEarthCorp.com

Merry Christmas

AsylumHunter

AsylumHunter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2002 05:43
Thanks everybody for your encouraging comments.

I'm sorry I put the timer in there but you can always restart as many times as you want and since the levels are selected in a random order and with the 2.5 minute time limit it is still possible to reach level 10 within this time (if you get to know the levels) and if you play often enough you will have passed through 40 possible levels (every group of 2 levels are randomly selected from 8 so the game never plays the same twice) which with 40 levels is half the game in this demo (80 levels in total).

If you play the demo often enough you WILL get to see ALL 40 demo levels. So keep playing if you can (If the timer cutoff doesn't bother you too much that is).

The full version is intended as a commercial release, but if any of you help out with some thorough beta testing on this demo (especially compatibility) I'd be glad to throw a full copy your way - free gratis, on release next week. Let me know via email paul@farfromearthcorp.com) and I'll send you the beta comment sheet (System specs, OS, DirectX etc., fps feel, and space for funkyness or groovyness that happens). Those who can help the most with deep testing will also receive all future level packs and addons for free as well as a credit.

The best is yet to come tho'- the further you progress into the game the more mind bending the puzzles become and the longer they'll take to work out (some up to several hours). These first half levels are easier, and are the training grounds for the skills you'll need on the later levels, although some of them are still pretty tricky. As you may see from the screenshots on the website there are also more spectacular (well I think) effects in the full version (15 unique animated background scenarios on top of the 5 already in the demo - I locked these out for the meantime). The Tornado, Matrix, Radar and Fire storm are my personal faves but you'll have to wait for the full release to get your hands on them .

I agree with all of your comments (cursor, Icon, Timer etc) and these are all being seen to I've been working on this for 6 months and Christmas came upon me so fast I just wanted to get the demo out and fix the rest in the next few days.

Once the full version is complete I'd be happy to share the hows and whys of the code, lighting and art that I think has given this game some pretty cool results.

If any of you experience any funkyness or crashes please let me know, compatibilty is so hard to test these days on so many different setups so please email me if can help out, since I'm gonna make it worth your while.

www.farfromearthcorp.com
email paul@farfromearthcorp.com for a beta test feedback document.

Thanks Again

AsylumHunter

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 13:40:08
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 13:40:08