Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / done for....

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2002 00:59
this is quite off the subject.

ok... i officially toasted my pc.
earlier today i was working on MY pc then i went to play my gamecube for about an hour w/o turning the machine off....i usually leave it on but this time when i came back to my computer it was checking drive c for errors; i pressed a key and it locked up. so, i reset the computer to bring it back to normal mode, not safe mode, then i came accross a blinking underscore in the top left, apparently not a good sign. then i reset it again and again but still got a blinking cursor w/o getting to the POST screen, the screen that shows memory and such.....

I even took out the RAM and put it back in. when i reset it again, it beeps once like it always does, then the stupid cursor again. there is no code anywhere to tell me what this means, although before this when my computer starts up it always beeps once. please help!!!
noobie game designer
soap_shoes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2002 01:35
oh yea and i took the CMOS battery out and the same thing happened.....does this mean that i need a new battery?

Thx

noobie game designer
soap_shoes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2002 01:42
btw.....i was able to post this stuff because im on my dads pc....and he wants to get on soon so hurry!!

noobie game designer

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-01 18:33:38
Your offset time is: 2024-05-01 18:33:38