Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Need some advice on purchasing DB Pro.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello, all. I've been out of the Darkbasic scene for over a year (almost two.) Back when I was with DB, there were a LOT of problems and limitations. Inability to write to files, very limited number of variables, etc. Have these issues been addressed? What's the current state of DB, and is DB Pro worth the purchase? Some ideas/suggestions would be appreciated!

-Javin
MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2002 17:51
DBPro, I think is worth it now, especially if Patch 4 does bring a vast increase in graphic speed.

You can write to and from files (like you could in DB). Dont know if there is a variable limit.

You've also got access to the backbuffer and so on along with plug-ins for SQL database access, peek and poke to memory, get OS version etc.

Good news everyone! I really am THAT good...
http://www.nickk.nildram.co.uk/ for great plug-ins - oh my, yes!
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2002 18:48
There is far more freedom than there used to be, especially since the option to write / read memory directly, use external functions in DLL files and so on.

I suggest you try the DBPro demo (bear in mind that it is far more buggy than the real thing though)

NOBODY has a forum name as stupid as Darth Shader. I do.
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2003 03:00
Grrrrrrr some1 mentioned the demo again...

*breathes deeply*

Yes DBPro is worth it. Nuff said

* If the apocalypse comes, email me *
Javin
Years of Service
User Offline
Could I get a few more details here, technical information maybe? Perhaps a response from someone on the DB team (although if it's anything like it used to be, I'd best not hold my breath on that one.)

"You can write to and from files (like you could in DB)."
Back when I was using DB, the only methods to read/write to files was sequentially. There was no binary access to them. Is this still the case, or no?

-Javin

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-17 08:09:47
Your offset time is: 2024-05-17 08:09:47