Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / how hard would this be?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2002 22:48
Well I want to make a 3d model of a character on the game Jak and Daxter. I want to make a model of Gol. Now if you go here http://www.naughtydog.com/jak_N_dax/production/prod_04.htm
and clik on the bottom one of the two that says 'click to begin download' you will see who i am talking about. Now what i want to know is would this be hard, and if so, what should i do to make him? Thanks.
"Today is the tommorow we worried about yesterday"
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2002 23:13
Considering that the modelers that made Jak and Daxter characters were Ex-Disney modellers Yes, I think it would be very hard, I have trouble making trees on truespace 3, If you havent done any other 3d modeling then I sugest you should start off with small things like buildings or objects, things which dont have too much curves or detail in. Use a program like milkshape or truespace, you can probably find a full version of truespace on the internet or maybe on an old demo disk (thats where I found mine) but I dont know about milkshape, look around the forums for more information.

Yum! Yum! Yum! Yum!
Scoober
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2002 23:26
Well i know that it would be very hard and all....but the program i got is 3ds max 5.....i mean cuz were rich and all, i got it for my 13th bday. (im not bragging i swear) but all in all...im going to try and do this.

"Today is the tommorow we worried about yesterday"
Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2002 23:45
lol

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
-- Rogue
LostAtSea
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2002 08:44
hey hamish mchaggis is that you skating in your little pic.

Some times you just don't know where the hell you are!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2002 16:19
OMG!! thats what Jakk&Daxter looks like!?!?
Mmm... and these are ex-disney as in Pixar guys??
:: rubs temples ::

well for a beginnger this would be a little hard, especially from picture like that - but... Hmmm i dunno probably after trying most of the tutorials, then i guess it is possible.

I'd try to find some much better pictures though, like and actual ingame shot. Sketch out roughly its look and base upon that.
Some games make me sad when i see people who deserve a chance being passed up for experience - and kinda shows my point that experience isn't everything.

:: sighs ::

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2003 18:46
Yeah, it is me.

Yum! Yum! Yum! Yum!
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2003 00:45
sorry if I jumped in and said what came into my head, I probably exadurated a bit on the difficulty. I havent done as much modeling as most people so I don know that much. I just thought that making the models like on the game would be hard as they are animated pretty well and do look like they could have come from a disney/pixar film.
I just wont go saying too much when I dont know what Im saying again. Sorry

Yum! Yum! Yum! Yum!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 17:48:18
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 17:48:18