Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / Blue GUI - Gadget Under Mouse() "sticky"?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2004 23:37
I think Rob will be charging me extra for all the help soon

Gadget Under Mouse() seems to retain the last value when there is no longer a gadget under the mouse.

For example, if I waft my mouse over gadget 1, it correctly tells me so. But when I move away, it still reports gadget 1 as being under the mouse.

This function works perfectly as you move from gadget to gadget, it's just when there are no gadgets in the way that it screws me.

Is this right? I can code around it, but I'd rather know if there is a quick way to fix it.

BatVink
http://biglaugh.co.uk/catalog AMD 3000+ Barton, 512Mb Ram, 120 Gig Drive space, GeForce 5200 FX 128 Mb, Asus A7N8X Mobo.
Terms & Conditions apply
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2004 00:42
Under certain circumstances it works OK. Those circumstances seem to be that the DB app is running at exactly the same resolution that Windows is running at.

BatVink
http://biglaugh.co.uk/catalog AMD 3000+ Barton, 512Mb Ram, 120 Gig Drive space, GeForce 5200 FX 128 Mb, Asus A7N8X Mobo.
Terms & Conditions apply
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2004 01:56
Gadget Under Mouse isn't very smart in v1. It waits for a mouse move message to be sent to a gadget and then stores that index in a variable, which GADGET UNDER MOUSE() retrieves.

In Blue2 gadgetUnderMouse() doesn't suffer from these problems as it recalculates which gadget is under the mouse each time you call it.

BlueGUI:Windows UI Plugin - All the power of the windows interface in your DBPro games.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 19:40:07
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 19:40:07