Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / I am confused...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2002 23:26
Hey,
I am totally new to DB and programing, so forgive me if this is a really stupid question. I am reading on loading 3d objects, and I can't seem to load them.
The command is LOAD OBJECT filename, number.
What is the filename? What folder does the object have to be in to be loaded? Thanx alot for your time.

Bishop
"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live so when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."
Bishop
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2002 23:34
One more thing. I want to do 3d games in the future(natuarally) and don't know if I should start with 2d or 3d. Any help would be much appreciated. Thnx alot.

Bishop

"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live so when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."
MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2002 23:54
Might as well start with 3D...
filename is the filename of the object you want to load. If there isn't a fully qualified path, then its loads in/from the current working directory.

Good news everyone! I really am THAT good...
http://www.nickk.nildram.co.uk/ for great plug-ins - oh my, yes!
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2002 00:10
To load a 3d object, you need to save your code project first. Then you need to have the object in the same folder as your code. Next you just...

load object "myobject.x",1

The filename is the name of the file, and the number is the number you assign to it for later commands.

RPGamer

Current - RPG: Eternal Destiny : Help Wanted!
Upcoming- MMOFPS- Paintball Game: HELP WANTED!
Http://halbrosproductions.netfirms.com
Bishop
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2002 04:46
Thank you everyone!

Bishop

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-01 15:47:32
Your offset time is: 2024-05-01 15:47:32