Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / TPC resourcesss

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2004 09:01
If i want to alter a bitmap in my dll, how do i pass it?
I mean, in db you reference a bitmap with an integer, what i need is a POINTER to bitmap in order alter it.
Any sugestions?

9 of every 10 people are exactly the 90 %
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2004 10:34
It would help if you told us which language you are using, both for coding the DLL, and whether it's DBC or DBPro ...

If it's C++, and you are coding for DBPro, and you are using my Interface library, then you can do something like this:

*** Coming soon - Network Plug-in - Check my site for info ***
For free Plug-ins, source and the Interface library for Visual C++ 6, .NET and now for Dev-C++ http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk
Licaon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2004 12:46
Thanks Ianm!
I've been reading all the post here, and yours usually are the most useful for my projects. Been around the forum for a year or so, but i rarely post.Yes, i do use C++ and
I'd downloaded your interface library, and only have a question...
I'm using DBpro 1.55, and you say in your site that the interfaces are changing as new versions of darkbasicpro appears...does your interface work for this version? thanks a lot

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2004 21:13
Yes, the interface currently works with 5.4, 5.5 and 5.6 because there were no new commands or amended commands - just fixes.

One other thing has occurred to me - Once you have set the new bitmap as current, you might be able to use the globstruct->pCurrentBitmapSurface to access the bitmap surface.

Also, you need to be aware that read access to the bitmap will be slow, in exactly the same way that the GET IMAGE command is slow.

*** Coming soon - Network Plug-in - Check my site for info ***
For free Plug-ins, source and the Interface library for Visual C++ 6, .NET and now for Dev-C++ http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk
Licaon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2004 01:47
Thanks...i've already played with that idea, any way, i could also use the memblock commands, that would be faster i think...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 15:53:10
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 15:53:10