Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / "set matrix" problems??

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have a matrix and I want it to be able to detect light, fog, and use filtering.

I use this code for this

set matrix 1,1,1,1,2,1,1,1

BUT -> whenever I use this, my matrix texture is all freaky, most of the time it turns my texture to a purple(ish) color. But now it is making my matrix look ghosted. I even tried ghost matrix off lol but that was to no avail.

I have tried many combinations of that code, messing with the different options but it doesn't work, if I take out the code all together, my matrix looks normal.

Here is a picture of what I'm talking about.
http://hawkeyebom.hypermart.net/why.jpg

If you guys have any explaination for me I would really appreciate it, or is this just a bug? If so I hope it gets fixed soon .

Thanks again in advance.

Epi
I am the very disease you pretend to be.
Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2003 17:24
Not that it's much help, but I've had lots of problems with texturing my matrix with textures any larger than a dwarfs nutt sack, so my conclusion is that many matrix commands and features are still very buggy.

Machine: P4 2200, 512MB, GeForce4 64MB, Audigy Platinum

There's a junglist inside every coder. http://www.kontact-kru.com for my own personal breakbeat terrorism.
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2003 02:39
Square textures of a size increasing in the ratios 128x128,256x256, or 512x512 work best. Reportededly textures bigger than 312x512 are resized anyway so I guess theres no scope for bigger ones (I may be wrong on that)

The way I add mass detail to large matrces is to make the matrix blank, then add seaparately textured plains to it, and check for collision with the matrix/ground height still. Its slow to program but runs fast, and can look reeeeeally beautifully hi-res

* If the apocalypse comes, email me *

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-17 04:57:54
Your offset time is: 2024-05-17 04:57:54