Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Texturing 3D Objects - Help Needed

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2003 15:09
Hello Friend,

I am an aspiring programmer from India. Recently I have been very interested in DB. I have only the trial versions of DB v1.106, v1.13 and DBPRO Trial.

I have the following problems with loading 3d objects
[1] Some times .3DS file formats do not work correctly
[2] If I use the DBconv.exe tool to convert .3DS files into .X format, it works with DB but not with DBPRO.
[3] How to texture 3D objects... .i.e., if I have textured the object in 3D studio, how to bring it to DarkBasic
[4] If I have to apply different textures to different parts of a single Model, how can it be accomplished.

Any instructions will be very helpful. Thankyou
Admiraltrent
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2003 17:48
I personally do not have DBPRO but in the original DB you can use the "texture limb" command to texture a particular limb. In case you aren't familiar with what a limb is, it is a section of a 3D model. Some 3D models when converted can end up being one limb only. To look at the limbs in an object I would just load your model and use the Command Line Editor (if you have that in DBPRO) to mark them different colors so you know which limb is which.

- T.I. STUDIOS -
Check us out at [link]http://cconthenet.tripod.com[/link].
nercrotosist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2003 17:48
O.K, with regards to your texturing prob, I personaly use Max to texture everything (unwrapUVW in the modifier list) then export to .x using a plugin. Dont know what version of Max you have, but 5 is better (and a little easier!!) than 4 for texturing.

"Lets all work toghether....maybe we can get off this stinkin rock"
Kenzenray
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2003 16:47
Thanks all.
Nercotosist. I am using MAX Version 5. What plugin do use. Where can I get it from ?
And also , are you using DarkBasic or Darkbasic Professional ?
nercrotosist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2003 00:56
Hi Kenzenray,
O.K, calm down!!
The plugin I use to export to .x (for use in DB) is made by a company called PANDA. Dont know the web address, but search using Lycos or something. I just typed in "3d Max5 .x exporter" You will find it cuz its the only one that works with Max5!!!
I dont use DarkB or Pro, I am a 3D modeler, skinner and animator, not a programer!!! (I know, kill the graphics guy!!!)
Any more questions with regards to Max, feel free to ask.

"Lets all work toghether....maybe we can get off this stinkin rock"
Kenzenray
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2003 13:17
Hi nercrotosist

I am not really sure how to use a plugin. Yes. I downloaded the one from Panda. Can you tell me how to plug it to Max 5 ?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 00:09:55
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 00:09:55