Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey fellas...I am going to try out the new trial version of Pro and see if I like it.

However, what I would like to know is that if I purchase DBPro, can I save my programs in a way that people won't know it was created with DBPro? Including if they open the EXE in a hex editor and search for Dark Basic?

Thanks

-cb
deadlyduck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2002 19:28
No Idea, but you could always open the file in a hex editor and replace any 'Dark Basic' with 'MeeksBasic' :p
CD On CD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2002 20:55
cbmeeks:

i just got DBP & yes, there is a way to do what you want.
in the PROJECT PANELS goto the SETTINGS button and you will see a section called something like "VERSION INFO" & an EDIT button....click on the EDIT button & fill-in the rest.

as far as being able to do the hex editor, i havent tried that part of it.

hope this helps.

Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2002 21:01
cb - you could pack the EXE as well, this will result in far less "readable" text within it than a hex editor would otherwise spot. At the end of the day though it's always going to be possible in some way or other to tell it was written in DBPro by the really inquisitive types of people.

Cheers,

Rich

"Gentlemen, we are about to short-circuit the Universe!"
DB Team / Atari ST / DarkForge / Retro Gaming

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 01:26:45
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 01:26:45