Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Pixel coorinates tool?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2003 14:50
Is there a tool which helps you determine the position of sprites, images and the like more easily instead of just fiddling around by trial and error until you have positioned it right?
Maybe a piece of code which shows the coordinates in the top of the screen?

I know I probably could do this, but maybe someone already finished something like this
Yskonyn -
"It's better to wish down here you were up, then to wish up there you were down."
"The ONLY time you have too much fuel on board is when you are on fire."
Yskonyn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2003 15:09
Heh, nevermind... I have programmed a functional one just yet! Man, this is even easier than I thought!

Another waste of forum space...

Yskonyn -
"It's better to wish down here you were up, then to wish up there you were down."
soap_shoes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2003 19:56
hey since you seem pretty mindfull about functions...could you possibly help me with the use and placement of them? i am not totally sure when to use functions and how to....manual sucks at explaining.

TY

noobie game designer
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2003 22:37
I use

If mouseclick()=1
set cursor mousex()+10,mousey()
print mousex()
set cursor mousex()+10,mousey()+10
print mousey()
endif

Which will print the positions of the mouse. Use this to position your sprites easier. Just click where you want, copy down the coords, and pop them into the SPRITE command.

RPGamer

Current - RPG: Eternal Destiny : Help Wanted!
http://www.halbrosproductions.netfirms.com
Dont ask those questions! Read the help files lazy!
Yskonyn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2003 16:59
TY - you were refering to FUNCTIONS?
Well I only know that with FUNCTIONS you can create your own little 'scripts' so it makes it easier for you if you want to have something done frequently and don't want to code the whole thingy again; instead you could use your FUNCTION. However I have not fiddled around yet with making my own. I just wrote that I made a functional Coordinates Tool --> functional as in easy to use.
Sorry for the misunderstanding...

RPGamer - Yeah I wondered what I would prefer, but now as I move the mouse, the coordinates change immediately showing in the top left of my screen; that way I can always track them down without having to click first. Just a matter of preference though.

Yskonyn -

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 01:25:54
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 01:25:54