Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Royalty Issues?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi

This may have been answered before, but will the game exes we make with FPSC be allowed to be sold/distributed royalty free, and are there any watermarks/title pages etc that have to be included?

Or is it completely restricted unless you pay an extra liscence?

Thanks, Me

"Online activation sucks ass Mr Garisson", "That's right Mr Hat"
Swhale aka The FPS Creator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2004 11:12
i though i heard somehting about it being royalty free

i would hope that i have the choice weather or not the video games i create are able to be sold or not,

i guess i would do without if it decreases the overall price of the program

Visit my computer tips and tricks web site here, www.angelfire.com/falcon/miles_web
Current Projects There: Nintendo DS
Aoneweb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2004 12:47
I also heard it was royalty free.

Toshiba Sattelite, 2GHz,Nvidia GeForce4 420go, Windows XP Home. www.aoneweb.com
Aoneweb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2004 13:30
From newsletter 16:

Q: What copyright issues will there be?
A: You will be able to save EXE files without any restriction providing those EXE files are given away freely (i.e. are freeware). You can put them on websites for download, you just cannot charge for them. A License fee scheme will be introduced for commercial application of FPSC titles, much like we have for The 3D Gamemaker. The License fee will cover the use of our media and code. Anyone who is familiar with similar game engines will realise this is common practise in the software industry. FPSC will be affordable and fun for everyone, but if you want to make money from a final game you'll need a license.

Mx5 kris
Years of Service
User Offline
darn Na...I have a couple 20g packed away for a rainy day (not joking, mainly for a car or something, but I can use it for this)

Ummm....is db good....
Random Thoughts
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you for all the replies.

"A License fee scheme will be introduced for commercial application of FPSC titles, much like we have for The 3D Gamemaker. The License fee will cover the use of our media and code"

Yes but are we talking £100 or £20,000 - seriously with various software of this nature there are these kinda figure differences!

Just trying to establish whether I'm interested in following this or not.

Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2004 22:27
There won't be one single license fee, we'll structure it. We are also considering that if you sell your games via TGC, we may be able to work with it that way (i.e. no up-front payment required, we just take a percentage of sales). But it's still on the drawing board atm.

"I am not young enough to know everything."
- Oscar Wilde
Swhale aka The FPS Creator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2004 00:04
i would like to have it percentedge wise, because then yuo dont have to pay a huge fee for a single game, or an even bigge one is you want to sell more, its like wireless minutes...lol

i don't know how many im gonna need, i need freedom to use them how and when i want though.

i definantly will not buy more then the program itself, im not paying for a lisence, but i certainly would send in a percentage of the game fee. its waaay eaiser that way. especially for the non-commercial use i am using it for, im not planning on making huge games to distribute

Visit my computer tips and tricks web site here, www.angelfire.com/falcon/miles_web
Current Projects There: Nintendo DS
Random Thoughts
Years of Service
User Offline
hmm will an unlimited liscence also be available? Plus a single game liscence at a smaller price?

I apreciate this may all be undecided.

Aoneweb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2004 03:47
I would guess that if you produce a game that a publisher would like to sell, then let the publisher buy the license as part of the publishing deal, and if you want to sell a game yourself for say $5 then email The Game Creators and let them know, see if they will work with you.

Sinistar
Years of Service
User Offline
I'd love to make a game sell it and give TGC a cut of the action! If it's a reasonable cut that sounds swell and ideal if not really the only option for the small time indie game producer --please have a specific plan for it on the drawering board soon
PowerSoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2004 01:56
if (game_to_be_sold.PRICE()=>£10)
{
TGC.PRICE = £100
}

Good idea?

Create? Play? YOU Decide
IanG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2004 06:11
yep - then you could sell it for £9.99 and the tgc would not get anything

Used to be Phoenix_insane registered in september 2003 despite what the date says to the left <--
PC - amd athlon 2ghz, 512mb, geforce fx5200 128mb, 200gb, xp pro sp2
PowerSoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2004 17:50
just an idea can be modified

Create? Play? YOU Decide

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 07:05:03
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 07:05:03