Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Model editor

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2004 00:28
Will FPS Creator include a model editor within the program? I really hope they do because i would like to create a few of my own so i dont have to stick directly to the WW2 or Sci-Fi or other model pack for that matter. Model editing is hard stuff, but so is creating first person shooters, yet they made that easy...

Visit my computer tips and tricks web site here, www.angelfire.com/falcon/miles_web
Current Projects There: Nintendo DS
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2004 00:41
There isn't a built-in model editor, sorry - it is extremely hard to create a decent model editor, so to take on that project at the same time as build FPS Creator and updating DBPro was just too much. Models are .X object files, you can build them in MilkShape, etc.

"I am not young enough to know everything."
- Oscar Wilde
Mx5 kris
Years of Service
User Offline
yes, I totally agree. Creating Modelling programs takes forever, and your results usually aren't as good as you want. My example: My editor. I programed it for a year, and the results were so horrible, I felt like I was to die! Maybe lee could do better, but it would still take years to decent work on a modeller, because of the difficulty in coding one. So, I already knew the awnser to this one!

Ummm....is db good....
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2004 01:00
I'll be gearing vanmesh (my modeller) as a good add-on for FPSC, so things like object setup files, as well as the general 'rules' of FPSC meshes will be looked into.

Van-B

Muhahahahaha.
Mx5 kris
Years of Service
User Offline
cool! How good do you think it will be? I need a modeller like that...

Ummm....is db good....
PowerSoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2004 01:29
Van? making good things? not on your nelly!

jk ... Van is an excellent programmer and it should be good

Create? Play? YOU Decide
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2004 01:30
vanmesh will be the bomb .

It's a modeller written in DBPro (WYSIWYG you see), and uses a script system to handle everything from dialogue boxes to primitive mesh creation. You'll be able to write or download new tools and features, the script system is a little like a stripped out BASIC language with access to internal data structures. It'll support any display property that DBPro does - even shaders - modelling a mesh with a shader applied to it is pretty neat, but it's real usefull for transparent textures etc too. UV mapping though, is a pet hate for me - so expect vanmesh to allow every UV mapping tool I can think of.

Van-B

Muhahahahaha.
PowerSoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2004 01:40
Van. like FPSC VanMesh will be using scripting. i presume this is coded in DBPRO. how fast is it? does it move like a snail?

Create? Play? YOU Decide
Peter H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2004 01:50 Edited at: 23rd Oct 2004 01:51
sweet i didn't know you were using scripting in vanmesh!!!!

*not only wets pants but floods house*

hurry up and release it!

"We make the worst games in the universe."

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2004 10:43
To tell the truth I was surprised how smooth it all was with a script running - it's been coded so that the script can take over the screen update, like it's own SYNC command. With my plain creation and box creation tools it's very responsive despite what it has to do to create and modify in realtime. The idea is the more complex mesh creation tools each have their own dialogue boxes coded into the scripts, where all the options can be kept together for any particular tool. I'm hoping to release it not too long after FPSC is released (I'm guessing maybe March).

Van-B

Muhahahahaha.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 12:24:13
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 12:24:13