Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2003 01:35
I know the best way to make mazes in DB is to use DATA blocks. Any 3d Data tutorials?or code snippets? please help.
Thnx Jonny
monkey by day, crime fighting sex god by night
Dr DooMer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2003 04:09
You know, I like to think I'm fairly adept with DB (Yeah, right!), but I've absolutely no clue how to use data blocks. I haven't seen a single tutorial that tells you how to use them or what to use them for. Strange, that...

"I am a living, thinking entity who was created in the sea of information."
ozzie65
Years of Service
User Offline
I downloaded a code snippet a few months back which generated a random 3d maze, it came with the all media files too I think. It was in the 20 line challenge section, but I canna' see it there now.

The Darthster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2003 01:15
Data statements and arrays are really useful. You can store all kind of attributes in arrays, and data statements are easy ways to put lots of data into arrays.

Here are two examples, one uses a 2 dimensional array as a heightmap, the dimensions being x and y, all the heights are put into data statements, read off and then the matrix heights are set using them. The other example uses a 2 dimensional array, one dimension being the object index, and the other dimension being the coordinates.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 22:42:58
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 22:42:58