Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Where to start...?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello all! I'm new to the world of Dark Basic and I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find some really good tutorials. I do have some experience with Visual Basic and some C. I'm looking to get pointed in the direction of first-person shooters and space fight sims. Any help would be great!!!!!
cybersamurai
Years of Service
User Offline
If you are completely new, i would start at http://www.dbheaven.com/ and search the classroom sections, it takes time to get into first person shooters and stuff

Rusty Gears
Bishop
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2003 22:53
Just use the ones that came with the program. Beyond that, figure stuff out.

Bishop

"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live so when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2003 03:18
Oh boy another person to help Im one of the biggest noob helpers around here (anyone wanna agree?) catch me on the instant messengers below. MSN is TheBedroomProgrammer@hotmail.com BTW. The button doesnt work

RPGamer

Current - RPG: Eternal Destiny : Help Wanted!
http://www.halbrosproductions.netfirms.com
Dont ask those questions! Read the help files lazy!
NESFreak
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank all, I really appreciate the help. I'll get into contact with you all more when I get my new PC this weekend.

As for starting out, I've done most of the tutorials in the manual. My problem is that they don't really explain why you do something. I tend to learn best if I can see some really good examples and reverse enigneer things from there. But in the mean time, I'll keep looking for examples.

viperjay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2003 20:39
I am a newbie too !!! need lots of help ...
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2003 04:27
Yo, rather than opening a new Topic, I'll use this one. About tutorials, anyone where I can find some for Milkshape and Quark, I really need help texturing and animating.

This is Truth!
This is my Belief!
...at least for now.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 23:10:52
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 23:10:52