Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / will there be a mission editor?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2004 23:24
Hi

will there be a mission editor in FPSC?
ETC : First you need to find a weapon when you have found the weapon a door will open?

ETC: or maybe you need to pick up an object before you can complete?

a big problem in The 3d gamemaker was that you could only select enemys and you own gun one time and then you should use it all the way though the game.
So will you be able to have as much differens enemys and weapons as you like in FPSC?

will you be able to have an intro movie before it goes to the menu?

and the last question.

will you be able to use you own textures on the walls and that kind of stuff?

Waggames.

wanna join Waggames?
then visit our site at : http://www.freewebs.com/waggames
my old forum name was: The Nerd
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2004 00:13 Edited at: 10th Nov 2004 00:14
If you watch the video with Lee's interview (see recent newsletter) - he states that practically everything is script based - so there's nothing stopping you from having a mission description, or even your own menu system. When you collect an item, you could run a script to do whatever you like.

Not sure about the video though, it's certainly doable - but it depends if Lee has coded it.

Van-B

It's c**p being the only coder in the village.
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2004 01:34
Quote: "So will you be able to have as much differens enemys and weapons as you like in FPSC?"

There are only a certain number of weapons available in FPSC, but you can have as many of them as you like in one level. The same applies to enemies, you click and place each enemy, and they can be different types.

FPSC allows you to pick mission objectives I believe. I think what will happen is that a standard set will be provided and hopefully you can then add your own.

BlueGUI:Windows UI Plugin - All the power of the windows interface in your DBPro games.
Zone Chicken
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2004 07:42 Edited at: 10th Nov 2004 07:48
Quote: "There are only a certain number of weapons available in FPSC"

i've seen this stated also, but on the video i think i remember lee saying that it would be unlimted on the types and amount of entites you can import to the game. If that is so, could you just model your own gun with firing and reloading animations attached, and glue or paste the entite to your charcter model or position and use the script to control the animations doing the same with a hidden bullet entite? Guess it would depend on the scripting and how much control we will have over these entites and we really won't know it's full capabilites till it's released.
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2004 13:54
Yes, you can set misson objective by just stating on each object if it is an objective or not. For example, you could set each enemy to "Is an objective" and create a zone which is also "Is an objective". You will therefore have to kill all the enemies and reach the end zone. Simple really!

Commercial Director
TGC Team
[Read "The POWER of NOW by Eckhart Tolle". There is no past or future, only NOW!]
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2004 22:45
As well as setting objects/enemies to be objectives you can also create trigger zones. So as Rick said, simply walking into the right area could trigger the end of level (or, player death.. depending on what they walk into!)

"I am not young enough to know everything."
- Oscar Wilde

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 12:02:57
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 12:02:57