Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Another license thread...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I just had an Idea. What if wanted the game free? Instead of splash, what about forced credits? Like you enter your name, or something, and at the end of the credits it shows the fpsc logo and a link to tgc? That would be cool, and not that hard. I could do it in dbpro right now.Just make it to where it prints that text, loads the fpsc logo and then saves it as a jpg, and then scrolls it. Not even avi. It would be cool and less "ugly".

David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2004 01:57
Quote: "It would be cool and less "ugly"."

Precisely the problem. Unless you pay, you get ugly. Otherwise nobody'd register because it just looks like a professional game.

Get 15 new commands, all the date / time commands left out of DBPro for free!
DOWNLOAD PLUGINS HERE: http://www.davidtattersall.me.uk/ and select "DarkBasic"
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2004 23:12
We're considering the branding options at the moment. Splash screen at the end of the game is the current implementation, but we've been talking about having a short FPSC anim appear at the start, like most modern games do these days (when it cycles through the publisher / developer / engine credits).

"I am not young enough to know everything."
- Oscar Wilde
Mx5 kris
Years of Service
User Offline
that would be cool. Less intrusive on the game, and it will basicly sound like a publisher, but if they goto the web page, then they will know other-wise.

OTS Software
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2004 01:21
I like the cycling idea. Still gets your name out there but provides a more professional look.

www.OTSsoftware.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 22:04:00
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 22:04:00