Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2002 05:45
Hello,

I downloaded the DarkBasic Pro demo, and tried loading in a jeep model that I made and exported using 3d studio max 4. Some problems occur when I load it into the Dark Basic Pro Demo, but it loads fine in my Dark Basic original.

Dark Basic:
http://www.boomspeed.com/pizza/jeep1.PNG

Dark Basic Pro:
http://www.boomspeed.com/pizza/jeep2.PNG

If this is already fixed for the retail version with the patch, then ignore this post. If any of the Dark Basic crew want the 3ds file that is shown here, i'll be more than glad to help in anyway possible.
pizza
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2002 05:46
Here:

Orgull
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2002 01:50
Hey Pizza!

I've got the same problem as you, I'm building .3ds objects in anim8or (don't laugh, I'm broke) and they work fine in DB but they come out looking just like yours in DBpro! No textures, and missing poly's...

Anyone know why?
Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2002 02:33
Yeah, seems to be a little bug with DBpro. Try to open somes exemples from DB with DBpro and you will notice that most of the models and exemples get messed...
Kensupen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2002 15:32
This isn't only a problem in DB. I've seen this in DB, DBPro and MS3D. Any time my roommate makes a 3DS object, I have to take it into MS3D and fix it, then export it as a .X file. I personally think that Discreet trys so hard to protect their crap, that they screw it up.

-Kensupen

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 11:49:17
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 11:49:17