Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / 3D Game Maker Trial ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2003 16:57
Hello GameDevelopers,

I would like to know, from where I could get a trial version of The 3D GameMaker.

If any of you can provide me with a link, it would be helpful.

Thanks a lot
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2003 20:26
As far as I know there is no demo for the 3dgm. I would hazzard a guess as to the reason why...

BECAUSE its sh*t! Sorry to dissapoint you I know it looks cool, but I bought it and within five minutes of putting it in the drive I knew it was useless. Oh well thought I, I'll open the source codes in DB1 and improve the games. NO SOURCE CODES! Oh well, I can expand the games with my own code NO SORRY Oh well I suppose I might be able to use some of these model files in my games NO THEY ARE NOT ROYALTY FREE! Grrr

3dgm - Looks cool REALLY isn't. I was hoping for something easy, yet flexible and usable, like a 3d version of Kilk and Play. What I got was a nice looking coaster Ho-hum

PS If you haven't already, buy DBPro. Its soooooo much infinitely better

* If the apocalypse comes, email me *
MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2003 00:08
I did a beta test for it ages ago - I think I told them it wasn't that good.

Good news everyone! I really am THAT good...
http://www.nickk.nildram.co.uk/ for great plug-ins - oh my, yes!
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2003 04:09
Shimatta! And I ordered it, oh well I'm getting Darkmatter with it, plus I already ordered DBPro, so it's not a complete waste. Is it really that bad?

This is Truth!
This is my Belief!
...at least for now.
Kenzenray
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2003 13:19
Thanks guy. You really solved my problem. Since I didnt have yet money to buy DBPRO, I thought why not try 3DGM but as you say, I guess DBPRO is far better
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2003 14:03
T3DGM is click, click click and you have a program running. No coding involved at all Stick with DB/Pro.

With T3DGM you choose your theme (1 click) choose your scenery (1 click) you choose your weapon (1 click) you choose your bullets (1 click) you choose your enemies (varies), choose the boss (varies) then you choose you enemies weapons and bullets (2 clicks). Then you click the DONE button

So, right around 10 clicks Ya, not really programming now is it

RPGamer

Current - RPG: Eternal Destiny : Help Wanted!
http://www.halbrosproductions.netfirms.com
Dont ask those questions! Read the help files lazy!
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2003 14:10
EXACTLY but what made is soooooo bad from my perspective was that the games made after 10 clicks were awful! The car games were the worst offenders but even the FPS engine was jerky, low res, generic, no multiplayer and even worse, your fpcamera view ws set so you were only about 1 foot off the ground! The hells up with that?

The Models with Dark Matter MAY be of use to you, but DBPro will suit u down to the ground, with some practice of course

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2003 18:44
Of course. Too bad about that 3D Game maker, it had promise. So you can't even put your own models in or any thing?

This is Truth!
This is my Belief!
...at least for now.
the architect
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2003 03:14
If you looked at the required specs for 3d gamemaker you can see by the requirements it was BAD NEWS!

DB1 with absolutly NO patches is a far superior product.
I don't think I am being sarcastic either.

Kenzenray
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2003 03:16
You are all right.
And I appreciate your efforts in makingme understand
Thankyou
I too love programming and feel its more Powerful
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2003 04:26
You CAN add your own models to the 3dgm but not your own code, and games saved with it are non-royalty free anyway

Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE a product that let you drag and drop games together - so long as you had enough input into the games to make them good. I think it was a badly rushed project to get a bit of quick money from Noobs

Oh and KZRY, no problem

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2003 04:28
If you've already paid for it, don't despair you might get 5 minutes of fun tinkering with it... failing that it makes a good coaster, or cool reflective frisby!!!

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2003 19:28
Too true Kangaroo2. Thanks for the ideas, personly I use all those AOL for that and chew toyes, but I'm kinda wierd. maybe at least it'll give me an idea on where to start when I get DBPro. It's far easier to inprove an idea than to make a new one up.

This is Truth!
This is my Belief!
...at least for now.
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2003 22:56
U cant sell games that u make with the 3D game maker though

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2003 06:01
Yeah, you'll know what not to make A good way to start is think about what your favourite games are and try and imagine ways to program something similar. If your heart is behind something its more likely to be good

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 15:14:59
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 15:14:59