Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / DBPro verses DB1.13-Speed

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2003 22:02
I keep seeing the rumours of DBPro being faster then DB1.13
with few objects rather tahn a lot. But we can test this by the FPS command. However DB1.13 stops at 60 FPS anyway.
DBPro starts way above this. Does this means that DB1.13 is only showing its max it can show but is secretly handling far more!!! DBPro soon loses its FPS when a game builds into something half ambitious!!!
haggisman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2003 23:03
However DB1.13 stops at 60 FPS anyway.
DBPro starts way above this

Turn v-sync off in your graphics card options(display options)

Are you testing each fairly? It doesn't seem so if one is using fullscreen exclusive and the other not. You could post some code?

Also if you take your time to read through some of the 1000's of threads about Patch 4 you might find out something about performance problems and what DBS are doing to fix 'em.

Specs:- 1GHZ athlon, Radeon8500, 192mb ram, winxp
wargamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2003 16:08
I posted on this recently and the answer is definitely "wait for patch 4". However, picking up on your point on DB1.13 - you can certainly get framerates above 60 FPS (depending on your card of course, and as long as you "sync rate 0").
the architect
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2003 21:38
I suspect DB1.13 is faster than the fps() is showing and only shows true frame rates below this.
I was merely making a point but I do remember the problems when I first bought DB1 a long time ago compared to the product now. In that case I have full confidence that DBpro is going to be SHIT HOT!!! I have given DB1to my little brother and a small community of programmers has begun...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 19:21:25
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 19:21:25