Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / having problems getting md3 to work in dbp

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi guys, I've been trying to load an md3 file into dbp and everytime I do it it locks up the engine and gives me an illegal operation msg. Is this some kindof bug or maybe I'm doing something wrong. Here is my code in its simplist form. I was pretty much just testing this stuff out to see how well it works.

Code:
set display mode 640, 480, 16
hide mouse

load object "models\sephiroth\upper.md3", 1
do

loop
end
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2003 04:20
Whitch version is your DB? Older ones won't play mp3. The forum "Why Go Pro" covers this. I no expert on DB code and have little EXP coding it, but are you sure you're using the right comand? Try load sound / play sound. Ha, I AM learning!

This is Truth!
This is my Belief!
...at least for now.
Xsniper
Years of Service
User Offline
MD3 not MP3. MD3 is the quake 3 model format. I can't get an MD3 file to load without crashing Dark Basic Pro. That is the version I am using too btw. I hope someone has some info on this...

John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2003 13:51
I dont think that DB supports MD3. You could always load it into Lithium Unwrap then export it as .x there. I think LU supports MD3. Quoting Raven once

Quote by Raven Vegeta on LU...
"...is there anything that little proggy cant do?"

Or something like that Anyways, you can get it from Simples site at http://homepage.ntlworld.com/toneth/

Hope this helps

RPGamer

Does LU support MD3???

Current - RPG: Eternal Destiny : Help Wanted!
http://www.halbrosproductions.netfirms.com
Dont ask those questions! Read the help files lazy!
Yarbles
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2003 16:32
You could do it with Lithium Unwrap, but if the md3 has animation you would have to convert manually frame by frame! Which would be quite tedious. I would suggest getting Deep Exploration ( http://www.righthemisphere.com/products/dexp/index.htm ) if you want to do any model conversion, it is the best software that I have found for doing so!

On another note, DB Pro will eventually have support for md3 models. That is what has been promised and it IS in the features list for the product. So you just may want to wait for the next patch that adds this support.

The Yellow Jester does not play but gently pulls the strings
And smiles as the puppets dance in the court of the Crimson King.
Xsniper
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks guys, I went over to the realgametools forums last night and found out that md3, md2, and 3ds didnt really work in dbp yet. Soo I'll go check out some of these converters until dbp gets support for it. Thanks again for the info!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 22:45:17
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 22:45:17