Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / NEW TO THIS ALL

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guys...I have no idea how to go about programming anything. So, without having any knowledge of DarkBasic or C++ or whatever, would it still be easy to create games using teh FPSC? Will it be as simple as that 3D Game Maker program that came out a few years back?

http://budgetshooters.proboards31.com/index.cgi
Physics coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2004 05:34
Yeah, I think so.

The only actual coding I know of is going to be the AI scripts. I'm sure there will be AI scripts included so you don't have to know how to script it.

-----------------------------------
HP Laptop, P4 3.0Ghz, 1GB RAM, 128MB Geforce dedicated video RAM, 60GB Hard Drive, 17" bright wide screen.
A.K.A "The Uber Computer"
Peter H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2004 06:18
i think you'll be able to create FPS's with the FPSC without any programming knowledge...but your AI won't be original and it'd sure help for other stuff...

also if you want original games you would need to know how to model/texture...or get somebody else to do it

"We make the worst games in the universe."

LoneWolf 3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2004 12:24
Hello, I am new to this forum, but have been designing games for a while now. I have used a vareity of different game engines and what I have read about this FPS Creator is there is no programming. You will have to get into the scripting to put more original ideas to work for you, so the game is not such a clone as the next guys. I would say that if you get into it and start really understanding the program, you could make some really nice games and have a lot of fun doing it.

Don
Floyd
Years of Service
User Offline
If you get good at something, like model making or level editing, you may even be able to trade for the scripts you want, like, I'll make this model for you if you make a script that does this for me. If you learn to write pseudocode this will be easier and it would be a start for any programming that you might do down the line. FPSC would be a good way to incrementally learn, first learn the basics of FPSC with the models and AI provided and then learn some aspect of game making like modelling or programming.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 07:32:38
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 07:32:38