Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / sprites and screen location

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2003 17:19
I'm taking the advise of some other posts in the forum and am triyng to create a menu system with sirites. What I need to know is how does screen location work, if I have a screen like this
Main Menu

Game Instructions
New Game
create characters
ETC.......
can this all be one big sprite or do I have to make each one as an individual image and make it its own sprite?
also I need to know how to get the percise screen location and the size of each menu item so I can treat it like a button and set up some mouseover routines on them any help would be great. thanks
stormtrooper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2003 17:24
Also does anyone else have this problem? If I have photoshop open and minimised and try to run some code in DBP, DBP tells me not enough resourses to complete task. I only have 128 megs of memory and a 32 meg ati card, system is a dell 1.8 gig p4 I would think I could still have both these programs open at once!

actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2003 17:34
Take a look at the screen width/height commands...Also the sprites commands supply this information.

Hi,by default,Photoshop take half of your memory plus it uses Direct3D when DB tries to do so itself.

This must be the problem,you need to close PS before.

Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving
And revolving at nine hundred miles an hour!
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2003 17:34
Set Photoshop to low memory and you should be able to use both.

Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving
And revolving at nine hundred miles an hour!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 02:46:22
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 02:46:22