Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Valve Hammer Editor for 3rd person type games?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2003 18:32
Hi guys,
I'm making a 3rd person game..well.. a mix of tomb raider but with elements of diablo and so. My problem.. the grafics..I'm really bad in this..terrible to say the true..I'm thinking in making the levels/maps for the game in Valve Hammer Editor so it be in BSP. Is this a good choice? if not what program and type of file (X, BSP, 3DS, etc) would you use?

Thanks in advance,
The Fallen
xtom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2003 21:14
Valve Hammer Editor is a good choice and would suit for making your levels for first or third person games. There are licensing issues with the program though so if your planning on selling the game it's best not to use it. Check around the forums and you'll find info on editors and bsp compilers that don't have licensing restrictions. I think they might be Zoners Half Life tools and Quark but I'm not sure. Of course if it's just for yourself or your not going to sell it then the valve Hammer Editor is probably the handiest.
UberTuba
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2003 21:53
No compile toolz seem to work for me. The .map editors work fine but when I open the .exe files they report an error the ndissapear.

Life is a terminal disease.
You never survive it.
the architect
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2003 21:59
I have used quaRKE level maker and I have to say it's excellant. You can add you own textures and create a level totally different in flavour to the original game formats you are using.
Can I advice you that if you make a shell programe with a level stolen from another game to tweak your programming in I am sure their are MOD makers that would help you make your levels if you offer them credits in your game.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 18:07:13
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 18:07:13