Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / why can I only texture some models

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I purchased darkbasic and it came with many sample models - one was an airplane (airpl017.x) - i try to texture it in darkbasic - but it wont texture - I load the ramp.x model from the jetski sample and i can texture that model fine.

Somthing tells me its the mipmap data or uv data? Is there some internal data stored with the model.x file (UV data?) that prevents texturing?

Any ideas why some models cant be textured using the texture object command?

Thanks
Bill
Lancewrath
Years of Service
User Offline
ok when you texture the model does it just change color and thats it.. if it does then ya the UV maps are screwed up.. load the file into UV mapper.. its a pretty cool program you can find by searching on google or something. it will tell you if there is any UV map data.. if not you can make a new UV map.. best to use planar or box.. then just save it and like load it up in 3dsmax or something to better edit the UVW's

if god = infinity and infinity = 0 then god = 0

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 13:43:39
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 13:43:39