Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Life! A massive Sim/RTS game :)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2003 05:42
Hi guys here's an early shot of My game called "Life" I started it in DB1, got pretty far (Over 3000 lines of code!) and am now painfully translating it to DBPro

http://www.myminehead.com/tempshot.jpg

Its kind of a mix and match of Sim-style gameplay and RTS. You are incharge of everything, Transport, Building, Business, Nature, People, War, Politics - EVERYTHING! Every house or building can be enlarged and you can watch and listen to conversations between people like in the Sims but in more detail! Obviously its a huge project and will take ages, but here's a shot including the interface, and a train on a track - thats the first part I've translated.

Note in the Icons at the top, you can even watch local TV listen to Radio and read Papers to see public opinions on you, services, news etc. Obviously you can also buy advertising in such things to sway public opinions

Its in full 3d so you can fully customise your view, and even walk around your cities in First Person

Obviously I'm currently having big problems translating it cos of the Pipeline, but that'll b fixed soon

Any constructive comments on the look or ideas would be appreciated Thanks
* If the apocalypse comes, email me *
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2003 05:43
Sorry

*Dumb-ass* lol

The admiral
Years of Service
User Offline
That is looking really cool I like it cause I have never seen this kind of game made in db before. Good luck with this and keep us all posted.

hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2003 16:48
i see you've got your hands full for some time, nice idea, bit bulky but i'm sure with some time and committment this could evolve into a great game good luck! it's looking good so far!

your birth was a blessing, sent to live and die on earth as a lesson, we each have a star all you have to do is find it, once you do, everyone who sees it will be blinded - DMX
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2003 18:21
Thanks a lot guys! Yes it is a big project but I got really far in DB1 soi ts a case of knowing its possible but wanting to translate into DBP

If anyone has anycomeents on the interface or game mechanics I'd also b interested

indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2003 18:51
the program " life " is a simulation at a very small level of organisms and has been around for a very long time.

http://www.radicaleye.com/lifepage/

http://dmoz.org/Computers/Artificial_Life/Cellular_Automata/Conway's_Game_of_Life/

U may want to think of a new name.

eg:
Darklife
ShadowLife
Existance

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2003 00:28
ahhh oook thanx indi I just called it life as a working title because almost all aspects of life are covered

indi
Years of Service
User Offline

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 12:19:27
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 12:19:27