Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Seriously In Need Of Help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2003 18:06
Hi all,

I'm currently trying out the trial version of DBPro(3.1) before I actually buy it. After spending some time with it, I've encountered some problems and I hope you guys can help me out.

1. When locking objects to the screen(i.e Lock Object On 1), the objects are suppose to reposition itself following the camera, right? But to my dismay, it doesn't. Object Position X/Y/Z(1) still gives me the original values as if the objects are not altered. Can anyone help me to solve this?

2. Now, for my second problem. How can I combine 3 different FVF formats to an object; XYZ, Normals, UV? Right now, I can only use one FVF format when I use the 'Convert Object FVF' command.

3. I guess that something is definitely wrong with the memblocks' command. I want to get the vertex position of an object every time it moves. And I guess that the only way to do that is to include 'Make Mesh From Object 1, 1' and 'Make Memblock From Mesh 1, 1' in my main loop, right? Well, it does not work as it is suppose to. What can I do to make it work?

4. And also, Can anyone help in using the 3D Maths commands in DBP? I'm familiar with the maths(vectors, matrices etc) but I'm confused with the commands. For example, Return Integer = Make Vector3(Vector), why do we need to return an integer? Consider the following code,

-----------------------------------
A = Make Vector3(VECTA)

Set Vector3 VECTA, 20.0, 30.0, 50.2
Text 0,0, Str$( X Vector3(VECTA) )

Set Vector3 VECTB, 123.0, 456.0, 789.2
Text 0,15, Str$( X Vector3(VECTB) )

Wait Key
A = Delete Vector3(VECTA)
END
-----------------------------------
As you see, vector VECTB is not created but when I set values the vector for VECTB, there's no error and it sets the values for VECTA instead. Is this suppose to be happening?

These problems are giving me a hard time for finishing my projects and I'm sorry if these questions bore you or these questions have been asked millions of times.

Thanks,
Asri Crew
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2003 18:24
some of these problems only work properly in the full version when patched. The demo is buggy

* If the apocalypse comes, email me *

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 14:57:51
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 14:57:51