Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPSC Questions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2004 02:26
1. Will we have the ability to insert FMV like in 3D Gamemaker? If so, what formats will it support? Flash? AVI? MPEG?

2. Will we have the ability to insert custom splash screens/backgrounds like in 3D Gamemaker?

Thanks.
Coldnews
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2004 02:28
1. god I hope so
2. god I hope so.

Sorry for the answers not being too definitive.

-------------------------------------
www.ColdNews.co.uk - the worlds first solo band.
SkyCubes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2004 03:45
As if I didn't have enough adolescent sarcasm to deal with a day...
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2004 04:16
Quote: " 1. Will we have the ability to insert FMV like in 3D Gamemaker? If so, what formats will it support? Flash? AVI? MPEG?"

I don't think so, but it would be very easy for Lee to add it - suggestions to lee@thegamecreators.com

Quote: "
2. Will we have the ability to insert custom splash screens/backgrounds like in 3D Gamemaker?"

I believe so.

BlueGUI:Windows UI Plugin - All the power of the windows interface in your DBPro games.
SkyCubes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2004 04:29
OK, I've sent a message to Lee basically begging for the option of FMV. Cinematics is no small part of game design. For my purposes (in a classroom setting), it is the cinematics that allows my students to produce the "story" behind the game. I sure hope they can add this feature to FPSC.
OTS Software
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2004 07:26
fdecker,

Where do you teach? What types of classes do you offer? Do you get very far into game programming or do you mainly stay with programs such as 3DGM and FPSC?

Do you offer any of your content online?

Just curious if you don't mind answering.

www.OTSsoftware.com
Coldnews
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2004 20:24
Quote: "As if I didn't have enough adolescent sarcasm to deal with a day... "

sorry!
Thanks for emailing him though, do you think it would be more likely to be featured if more people emailed him? I would really like to add FMV in the game only for the fact that we cannot create game-generated cutscenes. I wish we could do the cutscenes, that would be so much better and make the games flow so much more. I think I'm going to email Lee.

-------------------------------------
www.ColdNews.co.uk - the worlds first solo band.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 18:19:21
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 18:19:21