Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Maxcript collision detection

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2003 04:30
I'm trying to export a "collision array" via Maxscript to a file so I need to check collision between a "dummy" object and my map object the only way I could do that was by checking if there is a result of an intersection boolean but this is really slow. Does anyone knows how can I check for collisions in maxscript? or check if a coord is "inside"/"outside" my model?
Proteus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2003 21:52
yeap... without a fast collision detection i'm back to the bounding boxes...my script takes about 22 hours to check collisions with a 200x200x25 object.

Sike
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh....Hello....im new here and I want to ask something I'm really fond of games like Tomb Raider,Splinter Cell,Metal Gear Solid,Resident evil and I've been wondering can I use Dark Basic or Dark Basic pro to make such great games with great graphics and which one is better Dark Basic OR Dark Basic pro ???

Proteus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2003 03:17
Dark basic pro is much better/faster than dark basic (original 1.xx versions).
It is possible to make games such as these but not easy...
Do you have any programing experience? if not DB(pro or original) is a great place to start.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 12:59:35
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 12:59:35