Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2003 14:50
I began to learn DarkBasik
Can I use a BMP(2d) at background with 3d object or not?
There are a problem with comand?

I want to put a image (bmp) at background and 3d object - a plain object with texture,- but when this object move over the background (bmp)there are a problem...it "grab" itself over the background and I canĀ“t see the backgroud and I see like a "route" make with this object!
What is the problem?

Thanks for help.
AsriCE
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2003 18:28
Yes, you can use a BMP as a background with 3D objects. You can set it with the "TEXTURE BACKDROP Image Number" command.

Asri Crew

hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2003 18:36
the only problem with that i think (for me) is that it devides the backdrop screen into a 3*3 or is it a 3*2 can't remember, not just one huge bitmap that covers the entire background.

your birth was a blessing, sent to live and die on earth as a lesson, we each have a star all you have to do is find it, once you do, everyone who sees it will be blinded - DMX
UberTuba
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2003 18:48
3*2

What you want to do is
make shphere objnum,size
scale object objnum,-100,100,100
texture object imnum
This will create a 3d background skysphere

Life is a terminal disease.
You never survive it.
AsriCE
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2003 08:43
Sorry that I didn't understand your question there RJM. I thought that you wanted a static fixed background but if you wanted to make a sky or a background with 3d objects, you could just do what darkfluff says. But try using a hemisphere instead rather than a sphere as you're rendering extra polygons that are never actually seen.

Another way than using the built in sphere is that you can just open up your modelling program with your level loaded and make hemisphere on top of it.

Asri Crew

Anak Brunei!
Bogboy2000
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2003 14:04
the only problem with darkfluffs idea is that bmp files don't look so good on 3D objects

try makeing a sprite background an give it no z depthe
i.e.

sprite 1,x,y,1
z depth off 1

i havn't had time to try it but it might work

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 17:14:13
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 17:14:13