Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Is this a bug

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2004 07:03
If you run this code with the backdrop off and use the arrow keys to move It will stop working and the matrix will go messed up. If the backdrop is on it works ok.

If you make the matrix 5000,5000,100,100 it seems like the matrix goes into the backdrop to fast. I have tried color backdrop and fog distance commands to see if you can see more of the matrix before it disapears into the backdrop. Does anyone know how to code this? I don't think this is a bug, I'm probably not doing it right but I think the backdrop off thing may be buggy.

Dragonslayer
Mnemonix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2004 19:50
Your problem is the camera range, so you can turn the backdrop back on.The camera range is set from 1 to 3000 by default, this is the distance from the camera that is drawn. (Note you cannot have 0)

Basically to achieve what you want its SET CAMERA RANGE 1,5000
(Well, the DGSDK Equivalent)

The 3d chat is coming...
Rights For Traffic Cones!
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2004 01:39
@Dragonslayer:

I know where your going with this. I ran the terrain example and it works fine. If I change the resolution to something that I can see (1600,1200,32), the skybox seems to disapper and I get an after image of the terrain. When I turned on the dbBackdrop to on, it went away BUT showed the blue 3d background (note that the Skybox is still missing and all I have changed added one line for changing the resolution).

I will try the camera range command, but since I never touched it in the first place, seems a little odd.

-This...is my boomstick!
Dragonslayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2004 08:34
Ok I just got in from work I will play around with it I understand that if I change the camera range the matrix will not look like it is going into the backdrop

cellblock james
I don't have a skybox in this code the problem was I was playing around with this code just trying to learn something. I turned the backdrop off and ran the program and when I tried to move using the arrow keys the matrix got all screwed up and the program stopped working you could not move with the arrow keys all you could do was exit the program

Dragonslayer
Dragonslayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2004 10:07
Mnemonix That worked I also made the matrix 100000, 100000,100,100 and set the camera range to 15000 and it worked, I thought there would be a limit to the size of matrix you could make.

Dragonslayer
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2004 20:02
There is no limit to the size - there is a limit to the number of tiles that you can have on the matrix.

*** Coming soon - Network Plug-in - Check my site for info ***
For free Plug-ins and source code http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk
Mnemonix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2004 00:28
Glad to help

The 3d chat is coming...
Rights For Traffic Cones!
Dragonslayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2004 09:06
If I may ask what is the tile limit or where is that info?
Gen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2004 12:23
I think the tile limit is whatever your system can support.

Comments?

Soon to come...
Dark IDE, New IDE for DarkBASIC Pro!
Two plug-ins, A Time/Date and New File commands.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 21:33:03
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 21:33:03