Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Model accesibility different parts

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Looking at models. I have a model broken into two distinct parts. For example a torso and legs. And these are grouped individually in Milkshape. Is there a way for me to once I load the models into DGSDK access each part seperatly and do local rotates on them? Going back to the torso what if I want the torso to rotate so when you look left or right I can have the torso rotate either left or right and have the legs stay stationary? Are their functions I can use? I'm assuming they maybe limb functions, but say its not a torso but a turrent so I have no bones in the model? (Or, I maybe off thinking that the limbs functions require bones at all) Can I rotate the top of the turrent seperate from the base? Or, do I just build each part seperately and then stack or place them using local and world transforms?

And how do I define those models? If I can I just have one model and define certain areas. Do I need to create bones or can I just have it do a simple rotation without bones. Sorry I just find the help file with the SDK lacking, there is no coverage on models, features, or other small tidbits that would help when evaluating the engine. If the help file for DBPro is better we should have access to that too so we can at least "corralate" functions, since I hear they are supposed to be the same.
Little Freak
Years of Service
User Offline
Not exactly sure but You will need bones for sure.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 16:48:34
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 16:48:34