Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / I got my Max to .x animated object to work in DBPro

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
If anyone's having problems I got this sorted and can help out. Maybe y'all got em to work anyway but I wanted to share my feelings of elation
Ericmor
Years of Service
User Offline
Please, tell me. My X exportations doesn´t work: the models are all scrambled up,
3ds format doesn´t have vertex animation and i think i lack the correct plugin for x exportation
on 3dsmax4... can you help me?
thanks in advance;
Ericmor

dark_reaper
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey, I´ve got almost the same problem! I´ve bought DB PRO recently and I have 3D Studio Max 5.0, but I´ve tried all I know to make a Mesh Animation to work at DB PRO, but I failed.
And I have other big problem: I don´t speak english very well, ´cause I am from Brazil. (I had lots of problems to buy DB and DB PRO)

Can you explain (with details, if I´m not asking too much ) how to make an animation with BONES compatible with the DB PRO and how to save (or convert) it in .x?

Oh, and by the way, can I have the name of this plugin you´ve got and where did you get it, Ericmor?

Thanks in advance for both <)

Chenak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2003 22:45
Please help!!! iv bin trying for ages to get max to x animated objects to work (with skin mod and physique) but it never works!

Help would be much apreciated

Once you start down the Dark Path, forever will it dominate your destiny...
Soyuz
Years of Service
User Offline
Guys I'm sorry to say that although the exported .x animations worked, when a skin was applied to the models it would all get screwed up. I could only get this to work with vertex coloured models.

I sent the animated files to Mike and Lee and I'm sure they are aware of the problem so no doubt this is being addressed in forthcoming patches.
Nazgul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2003 10:15
If it was exported from Max with the dx extras plugin, I read somewhere there's like a bug, and you need to compile it with some fixings.

http://www.mvps.org/vbdx/tutorials/compilex/

"A big problem with the exporter lies in the fact that it sometimes fails to export the MeshTextureCoords template to the exported .x file. This could prevent an .x file from correctly loading and displaying the texture(s) on a mesh."

So, that above link perhaps interests you.

A tut on how to use max with the exporter:
http://www.mvps.org/vbdx/tutorials/exportx/

The Panda exporter works well, I think, but don't know about animations...There's a thread in which I posted about this. Someone else replied some cool info about it.

Well, I'm no coder, I'd try panda first if I were you. It says it supports animation, character studio info(only. If you use standard bones and skin modifier, you maybe should stick with the ms Extras), animation, hierarchies, materials..
Soyuz
Years of Service
User Offline
I tried the dx extras plugin originally with no joy and movwed on to Panda which was great for all except animations with a material.
dark_reaper
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey, guys, I´ve found a hard way to make animations with bones. In this morning, I used Milk Shape and I´ve animated the ColonelZ that comes with DB PRO.

I used the Joints to do that. I made the 'skelleton' and so I assingned it to some vertex of the head, so I exported with 'DirectX (JT)', and it worked correctly.

But there´s a problem! Doing that, you´ll have to select vertex by vertex to assing in the end. This is not the same as using 3D Studio Max with the 'SKIN' modifier!

Ericmor
Years of Service
User Offline
Well guys, i also used the DX8 plugin, and it also didn't work.
Looks like Darkbasic have limitations in both texture and poly count, specific procedures in the model making and heavy diferences between vertex morphing and animated object based in rotation and scaling...
Anyone have the complete list of limitations and stuff of the models?
(how many frames, size limit of textures, procedures, etc...)
Thanks a lot;
Ericmor

Impulse
Years of Service
User Offline
You should all try making .md* and .mdl models, that's a new feature in dbpro.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2003 07:04
i got fed up with the DirectX one ... made my own bloody format exporter (^_^)
pretty simple when you relise what global pointers goto what info.

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-11 16:21:34
Your offset time is: 2024-05-11 16:21:34