Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / DBPro Patch 1 completely locks Win2KSP3

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have tried running the patch twice. I get the black window with the Installer title on it. The cursor and all other running applications freeze. Computer has to be hard reset. So, how do I load the patches on my machine?

-Kris
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2002 02:54
It's nothing to do with Win2k SP3 (because that's what I'm running). It's to do with your other problems running DBPro as the patch installer is written in DBPro! Sorry this isn't more helpful for you but I didn't want people to worry the patch doesn't like Win2k because that's just not true.

Cheers,

Rich

"Gentlemen, we are about to short-circuit the Universe!"
DB Team / Atari ST / DarkForge / Retro Gaming
Kris
Years of Service
User Offline
I just wanted to make sure that I gave enough information when referring to the problem. The problem seems to be that my machine can not run ANY DbPro applications without hanging. I have an 8mb ATI XPERT98 card. It passes all the DirectX 8.1 tests via DXDIAG.

Why, Why, Why???

Oh, and I have another topic opened because I cant run any of the example projects, they ALL lock my machine up. I even went as far as to remove the application and re-install. I also stopped all un-needed services. I shut down all supplimental programs. Still, it displays a black screen, graphical cursor and immediately hangs there.

~kris
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2002 03:10
Email me the output of the dxdiag test you ran (there is a "save results" option when you've completed it). rich@darkbasic.com

Cheers,

Rich

Kris
Years of Service
User Offline
Rich, I emailed you several days ago and you never responded at all.

Anyways... I ordered a GeForce4-MX420 which _will_ work, right?

~kris
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2002 02:33
Make sure you download the latest drivers for it, but yes it'll work. The MX range is the lower-end of the GeForce family but you still shouldn't have any trouble with it.

Cheers,

Rich

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 09:21:53
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 09:21:53