Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / problems with loading 3d object

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
whenever i load a 3d object into my game (for testing purposes) it is never displayed! even when i copy a simple tutorial which loads a 3d object to the screen.

I understand that since i dont have a graphics card, this may be the reason but it is just stupid! i set software emulation on yet it does not display! absolutely crap. whats the problem with the engine?

please shed some light into my problem. maybe i am doing something wrong.

Regards,
bizzy
Lancewrath
Years of Service
User Offline
is your camera facing the object?

if god = infinity and infinity = 0 then god = 0
bizzy
Years of Service
User Offline
yea. i'm making sure that the camera is facing the object and within a distance such that the object is visible.

However if i use one of the built-in 3d operations such as building a "sphere" etc, it works. But not when i try to load a 3d object.

example: When I load the "Tutorial Sample 10" - it does not work.

Furiousuk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2003 23:34
Sometimes when u load an object it is incredibly small and needs to be scaled up. Be aware though that scaling an object without moving the camera may make the object so big that it envelopes the camera (in this case the object will not be seen because backfaces will not be drawn unless specifically set).

Normally, if 'autocam' is on and you load an object DarkBasic will snap the camera to the object so that it fits nicely in the viewport.

Try this program, substituting "???.x" with your .x or .3ds object, making sure to include the correct file path.

cls
autocam on
load object "???.x",1
wait key

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 19:18:23
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 19:18:23