Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Anyone Using MatEdit?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2002 01:33
i'm trying MatEdit (looks fairly nice) & should save a bunch of time but......

no matter what i do after saving / building / writing the DBA code (which is suppose to be fully ready-to-run) it WILL NOT run it will generally error out either on a READ statement or say if CANT FIND the INCLUDE file (which i ADDED)

any ideas?

thanx in advance

ps
speaking of INCLUDES, what's the proper way in DBP to CALL one and then go back to the MAIN SOURCE?
United We (Still) Stand
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2002 05:24
MatEdit is not compatible with DB Pro. I don't have DBPro yet, so I can't yet modify it. So, for now, it's DB V1 compatible only.

Even in DB V1 though, there was a bug (which has now been fixed) which, when writing a DBA file, created faulty DATA statements if certain conditions were met. Anyone with this problem should download the latest version of the exe only zip from the MatEdit website.

The #include file error should only occur if the file named on the #include line is not in the same directory as the program calling it.

In DB V1, the #include line should not have any spaces before the # symbol and should be the first line of your program. It appears to be OK to have REM lines before it.

In DB V1, you don't actually go back to the main source from an include file. In fact you don't go anywhere to come back! An include file is simply more code which gets 'joined' on the end of your program when you compile it - as if it was on the end.

TDK
This lets you keep the size of your main code block smaller by putting stuff in a separate file. As such, these include files can easily be tagged onto other programs without having to write it again every time.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 22:42:16
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 22:42:16