Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] The first week of January is almost over- FPSC release date awaits!

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2005 23:24
patience is a viture, so I think i'll go for the young hot tottie

Coldnews
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2005 23:29
Firstly: Lee, Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.
my two cents:
Lee has spoken to us directly. I, personally, feel put in my place. He did it in good humour and yes its annoying its late, but it IS better late and working than early and frying your computer. I don't think a thread should be locked just because we are participating in a discussion, but this:
Quote: "
funny, i can't seem to quote you directly, as the editor has been modded after your post above that contains the offending vulgarity was entered... definitely a double standard... or at the very least, a do as i say, not as i do policy."
is unfair. Let people discuss and talk and even argue, all of the posts are on topic, so theres no point in locking the thread. If things get too het up then maybe chip in and calm the situation down, if things get chaotic and personal/threatening then lock the thread. I personally think that this whole debarcle is really helping FPSC because its creating a little discussion point around people and that = advertising.
I agree with Red Oktober, lets just chill out and pretend that we ALL joined before 2002 and then we can all lie back and bask in our own greatness. Then theres no need for fighting! Ah.....

-------------------------------------
www.ColdNews.co.uk - the worlds first solo band.
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2005 23:38
[/quote]I counted and there are around 10 complaints. Personally, I think it would be nice to get rid of every post below Lee's post. This complaining thing has been crazy... I say there is no use of those posts.
[quote]

Personal attacks and dis-respect there is no place for on forums, but removing any other post is not generally a good precident, even if they are a little over exuberant. People get frustrated if they feel a little let down and personally I can understand that as part of human behaviour and accomodate it - we should be able to deal with that and calm down in a orderly fashion using our own self discipline.

Anyway thats my last post on this subject.

Have a nice day all
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2005 00:34
I have posted Lee's reply in the "Official Release Date Info" thread, and marked this thread as flamebait.

I am not going to lock this thread for the time being, but I do ask that those who are going to post have the courtesy to think before they post, and read other posters' comments first.

BlueGUI Windows Plugin
Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2005 01:19
Red Ocktober - I'm particularly keen on the suggestion of a ski weekend with a few hotties The mini vacation on an island sounds the part as well.
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2005 01:55
Perfect example of being "off of schedule"

I was sent to Honduras in May 26th, 2004 for a "2 week project". As of this day, I have not left.

I feel and know what TGC are going through.

What I am saying is that programming schedules changes, sometimes REALLY HORRIBLE. Things that are not planned for seem to pop up like a freak game of "whack a mole".

I still firmly believe June 2005 the correct date of FPSC.

But we shall see.

-This...is my boomstick!
SkyCubes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2005 02:22
Let me be very clear…

The lectures on how things go wrong and how deadlines change dynamically really make me yawn. I know things change. I know new problems arise. I deal with schedule changes and deadline changes every single day in my job. The changes in the release date are NOT the issue. In fact, the actual release date is totally irrelevant, because as many have pointed out, it will get release when it gets released, period. The point of my and others concerns have not been with the literal release date. There is really little difference if it is released tomorrow or in June. My concern has been with the communication piece, specifically being told one thing and then having another thing happen. For that, I’ve been repeatedly labeled a “hypocrite”, “newbie”, “whiner”, and “complainer”. So be it.

First, this is a “discussion” board. Is not the purpose of a discussion board…discussion? If not, then what useful purpose does it serve?

Second, say what you will about us “newbie whiners”, but the facts remain nonetheless:

Fact: The FPSC site still says “coming fall 2004”.

Fact: In a sticky thread in December, it was stated that a release day announcement would happen in the “first week of January”.

Now, the second fact has been addressed yesterday and today by the TGC team in separate posts by Rick and Lee. The first fact has not been addressed.

Finally, being a “mod”, or a member since “2002”, or even a beta tester may place you in closer proximity to the heart of the FPSC project, but make no mistake, it does not make you in some way superior or more enlightened than the rest of us. Nor does it give you the right to dictate what constitutes “discussion”. As with any online discussion forum, each of us has the ability to make a choice to read a thread or not read a thread. No one has a gun to your head saying “read it or die”.

Again, I very much appreciate the work the team is doing on this project in that it will generate a tool I am interested in. I remain excited about the release and look forward to the possibilities the new software holds.
SoulMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2005 02:24
Cellbloc
Are you talking about Version 1 or EA?
I think everyone is jumping up and down about EA.
I'm just sitting here minding my time.
Tonight I will be drinking a
Join along if you would like.
SoulMan

This is as backwards as is This
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2005 02:32
Quote: "Fact: The FPSC site still says “coming fall 2004”.

Fact: In a sticky thread in December, it was stated that a release day announcement would happen in the “first week of January”.

Now, the second fact has been addressed yesterday and today by the TGC team in separate posts by Rick and Lee. The first fact has not been addressed."

Mate, it's a tentative release date. Release dates change. Until a publishing deal is struck and Rick tells us a definate release date, that's all we can go by.

HL2 got delayed. Longhorn has been delayed. It happens.

Please don't cling to these 'facts' that we were told - because it ain't going to happen. I can say now with 100% certainty that we're not going to see FPSC released autumn 2004. So I don't see why this 'fact' needs to be addressed.

You're all making too much of this. This is a release date. Not some huge controversial incident.

Get 15 new commands, all the date / time commands left out of DBPro for free!
DOWNLOAD PLUGINS HERE: http://www.davidtattersall.me.uk/ and select "DarkBasic"
SkyCubes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2005 02:51
David, you're co-mod stated clearly:

Quote: "and read other posters' comments first."

Did you miss the part where I clearly said the release date is irrelevant? Did you miss the part where I clearly said that I have a firm grasp on the concept of dynamic schedule changes?

Good grief.

And I love how because Microsoft does it and H2 does it, that it somehow justifies everyone else "doing it". LOL!

Analogy: Over 20 million Americans tuned into the season premiere of "24" on Sunday night. Is it safe to say that if 20 million people tuned in that most of those made plans to watch the show...meaning they made sure they were home at the start time? Now, I'm a Fox executive and I authorize a set of teasers to be run on certain dates announcing the season premiere on 1-9-05. But, something goes wrong and I don't actually are it on that date. I air it 2 weeks later. Will I lose any viewers you think?

That's extreme, I know. But my point is (for the sole purpose of "discussion") that there is a simple business principal associated with communication with the consumer. It's that simple. It's not a life or death issue, it's not even a big deal. It's simply my observation about this particular issue presented for discussion.

If anyone is making a big deal out of this, it is the before 2002'ers and the mods.
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2005 02:52
@SoulMan

EA release seem to me to be around March-April whereas a Version 1 seem to be in June.

Yeah, I'll take a pint with you tonight. I need one.

-This...is my boomstick!
Mnemonix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2005 03:01
fdecker,

what does it really matter?

just forget about it if people are making you angry. Perhaps your right and perhaps your wrong, but at the end of the day, what difference does it make. None to me, and probably not THAT much to anybody.

The 3d chat is coming...
Rights For Traffic Cones!
SkyCubes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2005 03:05
Mnemonix,

Exactly. Thank you. Finally, somebody gets it...and it wasn't even a "newbie".

There is hope.
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2005 03:10
Quote: "Did you miss the part where I clearly said the release date is irrelevant? Did you miss the part where I clearly said that I have a firm grasp on the concept of dynamic schedule changes?"

Yes. You then make a large point of how things are being promised then not happening (I assume you were talking about the fact they said they'd announce a release date and didn't).

Quote: "Analogy: Over 20 million Americans tuned into the season premiere of "24" on Sunday night. Is it safe to say that if 20 million people tuned in that most of those made plans to watch the show...meaning they made sure they were home at the start time? Now, I'm a Fox executive and I authorize a set of teasers to be run on certain dates announcing the season premiere on 1-9-05. But, something goes wrong and I don't actually are it on that date. I air it 2 weeks later. Will I lose any viewers you think?"

Big difference. TGC have never announced a release date, and therefore didn't have anybody expecting to be able to buy a product by a certain date.

What Rick wrote most probably came out BEFORE a number of bugs cropped up and beta testing started. Hence they may need to revise their schedules, and perhaps end up not announcing a release date at a certain time. Hopefully this should make sense as you have a firm grasp on the concept of dynamic schedule changes (no sarcasm intended - I'm being serious).

--

Mnemonix speaks words of wisdom. I'm sorry to do this but I feel it's right to lock this. There obviously isn't anything left in this topic, however if another mod chooses to open this you're more than welcome

I've seen defence lawyers put up less of a fight

Get 15 new commands, all the date / time commands left out of DBPro for free!
DOWNLOAD PLUGINS HERE: http://www.davidtattersall.me.uk/ and select "DarkBasic"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 20:02:49
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 20:02:49