Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / 3AM - 3D Artist's Magazine- Becoming a Reality!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2003 12:18
Hello all,

A few months back I posted a topic asking if anyone would be interested in an eMagazine specifically for real-time 3D artists. I got a decent response here and very high responses elsewhere. As a result, 3AM - 3D Artist's Magazine is becoming a reality.

To find out more about 3AM, please visit the web site at:

http://www.web2d3.com/3am

There is also a forum at 3AM for chatting about RT3D things such as level design, texture design, modeling and more. If you would like to get involved with the 3AM Forum, then please go to the 3AM link above and click on the FORUM link at the top of the page.

Thank you for your time!
Disco Stu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2003 01:14
Very cool, I wish you the best of luck because these are the types of magazines that help the most. Just a question though are you only selling online or will this become available in news agencies? Also, if it does go to the streets, do you have any intentions of selling overseas? I'd buy it if I say it in the shops.
Cheers,
Sina.

"Maybe if you ain't so good, I ain't so bad."--Tony Manero to Stephanie (Karen Lynn Gorney)
QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2003 05:50
There already is that magazine...
3d World
Dan Silverman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2003 09:21
Disco Stu,

No, I will not be selling this on the newstands. The cost of publishing an actual "paper" magazine is very high and you need an incredible number of subscribers just to maintain it. The magazine will only be for download.

QuothTheRaven,

No, 3D World is not at all like 3AM. For example, I will not be dealing with raytracers and the like since raytracing is not (yet) a part of RT3D. 3AM will focus on RT3D creation of levels, textures, models, etc.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 14:35:34
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 14:35:34