Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2005 06:45
I would like to ask the Beta Testers :

How is enemy pathfinding handled in FPSC - if there is any at all?

And specifically, if you were to place an enemy on top of a walkway, building or alike. Is there any way of restricting the enemy to follow a path in regard to moving to find or attack the player, rather than having to ensure such building constructions are bordered by a form of obstruction, such as a wall or railing to prevent them walking in a straight line directly towards the player and falling off such constructions?

Such decision making or pathfinding is difficult to achieve I know.
Noah
Years of Service
User Offline
I think there's some partly-primitive pathfinding .

Huked on foniks wurked fer mee!
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2005 07:22
I don't know how pathfinding works internally, and Lee needs to sort out some issues with it before I can judge how well it is working.

There is a waypoint system which you can use to tell enemies where to go. By default an enemy will find the nearest waypoint if it exists and will 'latch on' to the route. There are FPI script commands for following waypoints.

BlueGUI Windows Plugin
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2005 08:47
Thanks for the way point info Rob.

At least the info you have provided would indicate there is some possibility for a level of control over how enemies react to pathfinding and the player - thats good news.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 20:21:58
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 20:21:58